Creating a site similar to imdb.com

• spycraft
  • Born
  • Born
  • spycraft

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello All,

First of all thank you in advance for all your help.

I am trying to create a website very similar to imdb.com - please go and take a look at it if you are not familiar with it already.

It's basically "database-driven" website and has forums and allows users to subscribe and rate or review every movie in their database.

My question is.... how do I get started? I obviously need a domain and a hosting package, but then how can I gather all the information about past and present movies? How do I go as to create a site that's connected to that database and that can be updated anytime the database is updated?

I am a hard-working person and I am prepared to do some of the dirty work myself - if possible. I have created a few websites in the past but they were mainly static websites where only I could edit the content. I normally use one of those user-friendly applications such as Frontpage for my websites. This is one is different. Is there any application that would allow me to make it myself or do I need to pay someone for it? If so, how much do you think I should be prepared to pay?

Is there maybe an already made free database that I can use or do I have to buy one? If so, where would I buy something like that from?

Once again thanks for everything.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post