CSS Help Request

• jerryscs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Okinawa, Japan

Post 3+ Months Ago

My page is starting to look better. Many thanks to gsv2com for earlier help with figuring out the problems that I was having.

The problem that I am currently having appears to only be in IE. If you look at http://www.jerryscs.com/csstest.htm in IE, you will see that there is a small space in between the Left box, and the image inside of the Imagebar box. For some reason the image doesn't align flush with the edge of that box and that is why where is a space. Everything that I have tried doesn't get rid of this space. If you look at the same page in Mozilla, you will see that there is no space between the 2 boxes.

Please ignore the awful colors...they are only there to illustrate the different areas and show the space that I am trying to get rid of. Thank you for any and all help on this. If anybody needs to see any of the code that I am using, let me know and I will post it.

Jerry
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I couldn't get your page to load completely. :|
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I couldn't get it to load at all.
  • jerryscs
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry about that. I was testing it on my local computer and all of the image links were pointing to my machine...

Made the changes and the page should load fine. Thank you for pointing out that you were having a problem. Thanks again for taking the time to help.

Jerry
  • jerryscs
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia, ATNO/TW, and everybody else,

Could you look at this again...still having the same problem. Page is at http://www.jerryscs.com/csstest.htm

Thanks.
Jerry
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It loads now, and I see the space, but not sure what's causing it. Let you know if I catch the mouse/ culprit...Might be that it's late, but not seeing the cause at the moment. At least the page is working now.
  • jerryscs
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want to thank everybody for their help....but I finally got it working. Apparently there is something in IE that causes a 3 pixel variation. What I was reading was that it is usually around boxes that are floated, which is the case with my Left nav area. I added the following to my CSS style sheet and it fixed the problem...

Code: [ Select ]
* html #imagebar img
{
  margin-left: -3px;
}
  1. * html #imagebar img
  2. {
  3.   margin-left: -3px;
  4. }

That took out that 3 pixel space between the edge of my #imagebar div and the image that I placed in it. Once again....thanks for trying to help.

Jerry
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Excellent job so far. Now all you need to do is follow some of the recommendations on this page and optimize your site further.

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/ <- type http://www.jerryscs.com/csstest.htm into the search box

Your page loads in 4.18 seconds on a highspeed connection and you've got 19 objects (according to that page). I'm sure you can cut your site down even lower if you try. Good luck.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts