CSS line problem?

• skyvia
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • skyvia

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do I fix the line height in css. i.e. I have a header, under it (with very litle space between the lines) I want a text. The header is a H1 and the text under is unspecified, but the font size differ.
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you don't want to define the text then use
Code: [ Select ]
body {line-height:1.5px}
or whatever value you want, plus I think you can use em (not sure though I must admit I don't use line-height much) but I would add it in a span or something because you will alter the website all at once and it will mess with the site layout.
  • francisco222
  • Born
  • Born
  • francisco222
  • Loc: Europa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep, it is line-height: you use px, em, percentage - usually use px, although I don't think it will take the fractions of a pixel though-
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

francisco222 wrote:
Yep, it is line-height: you use px, em, percentage - usually use px, although I don't think it will take the fractions of a pixel though-

your right it will only take whole numbers for px but just to note 1.5px will render just as 2px (but I think the new iphone 4 my allow 4.5px because it works differently to others but to be honest it makes very little difference)
  • mico
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Neo Universe

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes. better you make own class for the text and use span for it, so it won't mess up the whole lines in page's content.
btw, besides line-height, you can also use padding-top for the text, or padding rule for the header..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts