CSS: Overriding an inline style

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I have a little bit of a problem with a plugin I recently installed on one of my wordpress sites. I installed sexy bookmarks and I really like the way they work but I have a problem with the way that they appear in the side bar. If you look at the sermons in the sidebar on this page (which is the way I like them) and compare with the ones on this page (note the big gaps because of the sexy-bookmarks div, which I want to go away in the sidebar). I am trying to get them to not do anything but the div they are contained in is styles with a display property that overides my display none. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

You've tried putting the display:none on the elements inline? That should override the styling set in style.css
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

In addition to what UPSGuy said, you can also try the IMPORTANT directive in your CSS file.

Code: [ Select ]
display:none !important;

...if you're like me, and whince at style attributes in the markup.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

@UPS I cant put it on the element since it is being generated by the plugin and I do want the div to show up on the post, just not the sidebar.

@dM will give it a shot. I hate using !important

[UPDATE] @dM it doesn't look like the !important is strong enough to overide the display:block !important; inline on the element. However if I take the !important off of the inline element it looks like it will knock it out. I just dont want to have to edit the plugin, since I will have to make they change everytime I update it. But that may be the only route.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

K don't worry about it. I read the FAQ and the second to last thing shows how to remove it on a post by post basis.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts