css question

• gt8ost4l
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

i wanna know how yu guys get so good at web design i mean for those that learn from reading from tutorials or books not college since i wanna really get good at it and i really suck at making a template consistent for the browsers and also writing good css and making great templates so can anyone help me
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Keep doing it and learn from others. Explore various tutorials online. Try to do things you don't know how to do and teach yourself as you go.

Every single thing I know about web design I picked up here at Ozzu.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with Spork PRACTICE no one started out "good". I find that I have a hard time learning something unless I have to do it. If your the same way, have friends and family give you little web tasks that you may not know how to do. Then challenge yourself to figure it out.
  • dogbert
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tacoma, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

practice makes perfect, I'm far from perfect but I can make some cool things, one excersize I think really helps is pic a website you like and without looking at the source try to recreate it your own way, maybe yours will end up better? and write down your questions when try to do it, and google answers.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I started off horribly bad... my template was a color as background and text. Maybe a table with a different color then the background and then text in the table. It had no visual anything to it... it took me over a year to get something a bit more pleasant or anywhere close to decent.

Now, I can code in HTML very well (I think so) but my creativity as far as visual design sucks :roll:

Like it has being mentioned already, practice makes perfect, and it's true... the only way you can be good at design is by practicing and doing it over and over and over again.

I'll suggest doing something like what dogbert suggested... recode a site and once you are done, delete it... as to not infringe any copyrights or anything like that. Or just get a template from a template site and recreate that as you will have less a chance at infringing any copyright laws there.
  • razznoir
  • razznoir

Post 3+ Months Ago

like these guys have said? Practice practice practice! Every time you do create something? Try something new that challenges you. Learn photo shop/pant shop pro? It's fun to me to continue to learn how the net works, and to make things pretty. The template idea is good. snag one and mess around with it on your website host. You can learn multitudes of things just from that alone.

good luck!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts