CSS Resources

• joebert
  • Sledgehammer
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have an awesome resource on Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) you want to share ? Well if you can muster up at least one paragraph about somthing we can learn at the resource, this is the thread to share it in.

Here's an example of a good addition to this thread.
Quote:
thesite.com has alot of examples for advanced CSS selector usage. Examples like making a top 10 list that has multiple icons without using classes or ids, but using the sibling selector in combination with the :first-child pseudo selector instead.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Might as well start it off with the obvious - the w3c CSS2 specification. Notice that I am posting the CSS2 specification. I'm doing that intentionally. For those just diving in to CSS you might as well begin with the current specification. And this is the Bible of CSS2

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/
  • joebert
  • Sledgehammer
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

cssplay has alot of really neat menus that you'ld sware were using Javascript, but are only using CSS. The site has an established focus on CSS menus, with occasional browser-specific & box-model topics mixing it up.
Lately the focus seems to have shifted to photo galleries using CSS.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a good one, for tutorials, articles, a good blog about various things to do with designing and programming. They have many awesome CSS tutorials, alot of articles about web standards and SEO, and heaps more. Very much worth checking out.

http://www.maxdesign.com.au/
  • joebert
  • Sledgehammer
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Eric Meyer, author of numerous books on CSS, has an indexed folder full of his experiments online.
Eric Meyer wrote:
A fairly large collection of test files I've accumulated over the years. The test subjects run the gamut from CSS1 to CSS3, and are rarely if ever documented. Feel free to explore to your heart's content. Note: Eric is not responsible for anything that happens to your browser or your happiness with it as a result of your loading up these tests.

You should probably skip this one if you don't have a habbit of looking at source code & saying "why didn't I think of that !".

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts