Customer Question

• Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made this guy a special download area for his members with a form et.....and he was sappose to get with me and do the rest of the site well anyways this was months ago and last time i talked to him about a couple weeks ago he said he was still getting information together, I was waiting to finish the whole site then bill him but im starting to wonder if he dont have the funds or is not doing it now - should i just bill him for what i have done and just forget the rest until he contacts me im tired of waiting on him.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• stevef
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • stevef
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bill him, and forget it, it will either remind him to give you the rest of the job or its a waste of time.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had a customer like that. I did his entire site in a temp directory because he didn't want it live until he made some "revisions" to the content. After a couple months of waiting I billed him. He paid just fine as I had done the work I contracted for. He let the site sit offline, paying for the hosting for an entire year. A couple months ago he finally got me one page of revisions and I did them and put the site online.

The bottom line was he was just genuinely to busy to get to it. (He's an attorney with a lot going on).
  • Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

thx, i just sent him the bill.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, thats not an uncommon occurance in the field - especially for freelancers out there. This type of situation has occured to me three times - the first I DIDN'T send her the bill and decided to wait. Through the process of the site production I built a pretty good repoir with the client and I failed to handle the business aspect firmly because I figured the situation would come to an end shortly....shortly ended up being 11 months to complete an 11 page website which never went live. Long story short I ended up with 50% of the contract.

So, I've learned my lesson :oops: and from now on I do not wait for the client to stumble around with "revisions" or "content re-analysis" which never seems to get to you in a timely manner. BILL 'EM! :lol:

I understand though that people are indeed busy and sometimes just really don't have the time. But....ditto :wink:

I try to enforce getting as much content in the first 2 stages (if not all) of my process as possible, that way in the end your only dealing with testing and making plans for launch. And of course...getting paid heh.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I usually get them to pay 40% upfront - 60% upon completion. I also don't give them anything until the site is completed. I invested in some ebook software which basically turns the website into a fully functional website - in an exe file I think it is - it's right click disabled so unless they hack it they can't rip it off. Then they get the whole site uploaded properly when they pay the final balance :D

Everyone is happy ;)
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats kinda neat...whats it called? or, where can i get it for free? lol jk, but seriously, whats it called?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.easyebookcreator.com/ is the basic one which is $20

I got the new Pro version for the same price as a special offer when it came out but now it's back to $47
http://www.easyebookpro.com/

It was really worth the investment and the tech support I get from the creator of the software is fantastic.

I know on the basic version you can download a trial copy (the interface is nothing like the one you get when you buy it though) but it gives you an idea of how it all works.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts