Need a design review.

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

[EDIT:] I got the issues resolved, so I need someone to provide a review on the design... I would really appreciate it :)

I'm trying to help someone out by creating this design, and I think I got a good idea going, just a not-so-good implementation of it.

I was thinking of that Glock to be just a black silhouette as an alternative to the real gun, but I went with the real gun for the first trial/attempt. Anyone here thinks it's a bad implementation of the idea? Once you visit the design you will see what idea I'm talking about.

The problem with the idea though is that the links over lap, making it hard for the user to get the right link highlighted.

If you move your mouse over the 'e' in 'Home', the link 'Guns' would be highlighted. You can click on the link 'Guns' and drag it to see the link outline... that will show you that the link is overlapping with the link 'Home'.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't worry too much about it. There is a significant difference between the hover/normal states and I think most users will just subconsciously move their mouse until the one they want is highlighted. I think people come to expect little quirks like that with artistic navigation.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright then, what about the black line on the top right? I'd like to move it behind the gun. Any ideas as to how I could do that? I have no idea how to use z-index and no matter how I use it, it doesn't change anything. Leads me to think that z-index is completely useless.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nevermind... adding 'position: relavent' fixed the problem :D

Could someone give me a little review on that design?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts