Design Software

• fsuk
  • fsuk
  • Loc: Scotland UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone just wanted to know which web design software packages people use to design their sites and any recommendations anyone has on which software is easy to use and easy to understand for beginners?! Hoping to design a personal webpage so nothing to complex but I would like to learn or start using software that I could use in future for possible bigger projects? :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know this isn't what you are looking for. Somehow, by accident, I stumbled upon several good HTML tutorials a few years back and learned to write all my HTML code in Notepad. That is often still my favorite HTML editor, although now I pretty much just use HTML Kit (You have to know HTML to use it).

What you are asking for is a wysiwyg (what you see is what you get) editor to make things easy for you. That's well and good, but it will take you longer to really understand what you are doing.

Check out w3 schools for a start on really understanding HTML:
http://www.w3schools.com/

BTW -- it wasn't easy doing it this way -- but it was worth the effort.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suppose Macromedia Dreamweaver and Microsoft Frontpage would help, although Frontpage is for beginners (I have heard) Dreamweaver is said to produce better code.

I would use dreamweaver if I had the choice, although I use flash atm :wink:
  • Voetsjoeba
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Belgium, Ghent.

Post 3+ Months Ago

FrontPage is more pointed to Internet Explorer. The code it creates will be more for use with IE. Well what do you want, they're both Microsoft products :roll:

Dreamweaver is made by Macromedia, so it is not pointed to a specific browser, which is why it preferred over FrontPage by most :)
  • fsuk
  • fsuk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys :D I have access to Dreamweaver MX but I will take your good advice and learn HTML as I would like to get to know whats actually going on!! Thanks again guys advice appreciated!
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

well Im a bigginer too ( I have done a couple of websites) and the softwares that I would recommend you to use are Macromedia and swish
so far, those are the easies one that I have found.

Another thing that I would recomend you, is to search the internet for webdesign sofwares and look for demos and tryouts and test them play with them for a while or until the license expires and see if you find them easy to use, you know what I mean?.
It has always work for me

I hope this advice have help you, although Im in no position to advise you since Im a beginner :roll: :(

Good luck my friend
  • fsuk
  • fsuk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the fab advice all and any advice is good advice in my book! I will do just that I have started reading up on HTML from the w3school site that I was advised on by ATNO! which is going well so far! Thanks :D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

fsuk -- I'm glad to see you took that route. Unless you understand the code, the best "editors" in the world aren't going to really help you. Sure, they can make your life easier, but understanding what you are doing is key. w3schools is the best. Everything you want to know is there. From HTML, move on to CSS and go from there.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts