Directory added to forum.

• CasTiger
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I've just added a MOD to my message board (forums) that lets you add websites to a directory.

http://www.12noon.net/forum/index.php?act=Links

Click the link above and add your website.

I've only just added the MOD, so the directory is empty at the moment, but i need as many links as i can get, to fill it up. Please add your link.

Oh, please let me know what you think about the new mod and tell me if it's got any bugs and if the email you get after adding your website turns up.

Thanks.
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't really understand what the requirements are for links. For instance, a lot of the links you could quite easily fill in yourself to get it started, like adding Google to the search engine directory. I think if you set it up with some of the most popular links, then it will be more enticing to submit your own. It's kind of like the first couple that starts a dance...the rest will follow sooner or later...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seemed to work pretty easily for me. I added my sports board to the football category. I saw where I have to wait for verification before it gets posted but the mod is pretty slick.

The only suggestion I have for that category is a general sports subcategory. We have a football pool and a general football sub, but we also include an NCAA March Madness pool and NHL hockey pools as well as a variety of sports related subs. I put it in football, because it came the closest.
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I added my link, but I didn't see anything on the form about entering an email address, so I'm not sure how it's going to send out a confirmation if that's what it's supposed to do. I suppose it could send one to admin @ mydomain, but I didn't get one.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm...now that I looked at it again, RichB is right...there is no place to enter an email. Do you have to be a logged in, registered user of your forum to get an email sent to you with that mod?

And -- do you have to be a registered logged in user, to have the link accepted with that mod? That is probably the more critical question that needs to be answered. There was no indication after posting the link how long the verification process may take. Do you have to do that manually, or is it supposed to be done automatically.

If the mod is dependent on the user being a registered member, then you may need to edit some templates to indicate that.
  • CasTiger
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

You don't need to be logged in and it only sends an email to me (admin).
I'll go add a general sports category now.
:lol:
Oh by the way, the logo link thats already in, will add a picture saying no logo added. You can change this link if you want and add a graphic (logo) of your own.
  • altyfc
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've submitted some sites.

Hope that helps.

Aaron

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts