Does anyone already use FlexBox?

• Itera Research
  • Born
  • Born
  • Itera Research

Post 3+ Months Ago

W3C define this new tool as follows: “… The children of a box are laid out either horizontally or vertically, and unused space can be assigned to a particular child or distributed among the children by assignment of ‘flex’ to the children that should expand. Nesting of these boxes … can be used to build layouts in two dimensions.”
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting, I have never seen that before. Looks like it could be something useful for the layout of a website. The only thing I don't like is that it is not supported very well before IE11, but I imagine eventually that won't be an issue anymore.
  • Itera Research
  • Born
  • Born
  • Itera Research

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have used it partially on some of our projects and were happy with the result.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Our boss FINALLY allowed us to let go of IE8 and 9 and watch them drift away into the choppy waters of deprecation. So very recently we started using flexbox. The newest version of Bootstrap (v4.0) uses flexbox, as well as Zerb Foundation, for their grid system. Quite an amazing piece of the css spec. Best part for us is the presentational reordering of DOM elements. I can place my main content at the top of my html, but display it after my sidebar - something that was ridiculously pesky in the past.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
The only thing I don't like is that it is not supported very well before IE11

Does anything support IE11 well :P

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts