Domain Name Issue

• miservices
  • miservices

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i have my site at http://www.m-iservices.com

i want it to say http://www.m-iservices.com in the adress bar no matter what link u click on. im running off apache webserver.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well to do that, you would have to do your site in frames. However, I could already tell you that you'll get a lot of feedback advising you not to do it in frames (me being one of them. Truthfully, I think you have it just right, and you'll get better results from the search engines if you leave it like it is.
  • miservices
  • miservices

Post 3+ Months Ago

well heres the problem........i have a page that u must enter a password to get into. but if u just put in the page (say u already know it, or heard it from a friend) then u dont have to enter anything.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you refering to your downloads area? Well, I still don't think what you are asking will solve that problem. Putting your site in frames will mask the URL, but that's easily overcome. You probably need a better answer to security than you currently have based on that last reply. And what you are asking for won't help you with that.
  • miservices
  • miservices

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok what would you recomend
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess we probably need more information about your setup and what you're trying to accomplish. As much detail as you can without compromising your site security.

I can obviously see that your downloads area is password protected, but I assume there are download links inside that are not and are accessable if linked to directly?

If that's the case, there should be a way with .htaccess to prevent people from accessing them directly and forcing them to go through your login. I'm not very familiar with Apache and htaccess, but many here are so I assume someone will be along with some suggestions.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts