domain name issue

• Cian
  • Born
  • Born
  • Cian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,
I hope this is the correct forum.

A while back I bought the domain audiograff.com for my new website (after about a month and a half of trying to come up with a name!). A few days ago I noticed that someone else has audiograf.com.

I'm not sure whether I should continue with this domain or not. Would it cause me problems down the road, with intellectual property issues or something like that.

My site will be a music directory, and audiograf.com is a recording studio as far as I can tell.

I really want to use Audiograff.com because it's by far the best name I could come up with and I dont want to spend ages trying to think of another.

Any advice appreciated.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

rather use Cians-music-directory.com ... Or email the person (webmaster) who owns the site you want and see if you can make an arrangement ...
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is nothing wrong with you having that name. People buy domain names that are misspellings of other domain in hopes to make money off it all the time. If anything the owner of the other domain may try and buy yours off you if it affects his traffic. As long as you are not trying to purposely steal traffic from his domain there shouldn't be an issue. You are offering a different service so you should be cool.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've seen those kind of stuff. None of the examples come to mind at the moment, but I met a lot of those kind of stuff. Nothing to worry.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts