Domain Names

• bowbli
  • bowbli
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get a domain name that someone else has already registered. I know the name, and phone number of the people, so do I just have to call them and ask if they're willing to sell it, or give it to me, or is there something that has to be done with a comapany over the internet... I really have no idea

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

bowbli wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get a domain name that someone else has already registered. I know the name, and phone number of the people, so do I just have to call them and ask if they're willing to sell it, or give it to me

Yep. And don't be overly surprised as to how much they are going to ask for it. If it's that important to have the name you want, try a .biz, .info, .org, .net .something new and see if it's available. Otherwise pick a new name. You'll probably get ripped off big time by the domain name ogres otherwise.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup, about the only other way is hope they get bored with it (and hope that nobody else buys it from them), and backorder it with a registrar.

Of course, a backorder doesn't mean you'll get it.

They could renew the domain, sell it to somebody else, there could be 50 other people who also have the domain on backorder - they can't all get it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts