Download Speed My Website www.delhiprofessionals.com

• delhipro
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • delhipro
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can anybody help me in increasing the speed of my website.

http://www.delhiprofessionals.com

I know that the reason might be incorrect use of HTML and Javascripts but I am unable to figure out what is the main reason of slow downloading my website.

Please suggest what should I do.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

It loaded pretty quickly for me.
Get rid of the dreamweaver javascripts. They suck... or at least, add them as SRC files so the browser will download them in a seperate thread from the main HTML page.

How big is the flash movie? the graphics seem to be nice an light...

why do you think it's slow?

.c
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your home/about and services pages load just fine. The other three caused my browser to freeze and I couldn't get to them to even glance at the source.

What are you using asp for on those pages? Is it possible there's a problem with your asp script/s?
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know... every page I tried loaded very quickly... I clicked every link on the sitemap.

I did notice on a could pages (didn't check all) that you have a two close HTML tags... but that's probably just DW not doing it's job, as usual.

The best thing you can do is optimize your HTML and JavaScripts, which probably means not using DreamWeaver, ESPECIALLY for JavaScript generation... DW's JavaScripts work well, but they are terribly inefficient.

.c
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was using Firefox. I haven't tried it on IE. THe last 3 navigation links froze Firefox -- first time that's ever happened.
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I'm on IE. That means it something in the HTML, not ASP though. Probably the lovely DW JavaScript... Seriously, that needs to go.

.c
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you really want to cut your download time, you should do what I've been advocating on OZZU this whole time: eliminate your tables. Get rid of them. You don't need them. I can't believe what I'm hearing in here. Yeah, it loads alright, but it needs a good cleaning up. You could EASILY cut your code in half by getting rid of all of your tables and doing things with divs and p's (using html to it's potential). I recommend reading up on CSS, taking style out of your html. You'll be amazed at how fast you'll be able to get your site to load if you really dive into optimization.

And that JavaScript is just nasty. I'm sure you could do without.

Recommended books:

Eric Meyer on CSS by Eric Meyer (New Riders)
Speed Up Your Site by Andrew B. King (New Riders)

On a lighter note, I found a funny quote in the new Eric Meyer on CSS book that just came out last month.

"Look inside a typical CSS [designer's] house. What do you see? Chairs, only chairs. No tables. (Jean-Yves Stervinou)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts