Dreamweaver 8 PROBLEM (shifting layout to 450px)

• tekboi504
  • tekboi504

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

I'm working on a website and have designed the most of it in photoshop and imported it to dreamweaver.

the problem is that everytime I try edit the something in dreamweaver it shift my whole layout down 450 px. Is anybody farmiliar with this problem??
  • tekboi504
  • tekboi504

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a web template that I designed w/ photoshop.

It's actually just two slices. The top banner is a slice and button dark grey part is a slice. And I wanted to use the bottom slice (grey part) as the background... and then create a template from this.

I couldn't just put text on top of the bottom slice because it wasn't set to be a background. So, as soon as I delete the slice and try to use it as a background it shifts my layout down and breaks it apart.

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

don't use the bottom slice as the background - just pick out that particular shade of gray and set background-color: #999999 or whatever shade that color is. then make a <div> element and put your header image into it. That should give you your basic outline.
  • tekboi504
  • tekboi504

Post 3+ Months Ago

Figured Out the problem. I exported from IR wrong. Everything is back on track now. Thanx 4 the help.

and the second layer is actually "cement" texture. and that's why I have it saved as an actual slice and didn't just make it in dreamweaver

thanx again.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

consider making a little square of your cement texture and tiling it to save some weight...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts