IE vs Everything Else

• bobmarley
  • bobmarley

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there any sheet or chart that lists all the basic difference between broswer positioning, as far as padding and margin. I thought it was Internet Explorer that added extra margin to everything, but I thought I may have it backwards, and then I started worrying about how many other small yet very important things like this are different.

I am using a mac so I am unable to test designs on Internet Explorer and depending on browsershots.org isn't realistic. But back to my original point, and that is, is there any kind of documentation out there to reference?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your best bet is set the margin and padding of everything to "0" as a starting point, IMO.

Here's some info. It probably won't answer your questions specifically, however.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... gines_(CSS)
http://www.webdevout.net/browser-support
  • bobmarley
  • bobmarley

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does this browser (it's firefox isn't it?) automatically ad margin to everything? Tables, rows, columns, div's, spans, etc...

Thanks for the links, but the wiki page has been taken down and I couldn't relate anything from the other link.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

the wiki link was changed. It's included on the deleted page linked above.

the current link is in the pink shaded area that describes the reason for deletion. It's actually the same link dM posted, but you can only access it by clicking it at the wiki page.
  • bobmarley
  • bobmarley

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ya I saw that but I have never heard of trident or gecko and I have no clue what they are. I'm sure in some way it relates to what I'm looking for if I knew apparently much much about web design, but right now it isn't doing me any good.

I'm just looking for some of the basic, more obvious differences like I've described. Thanks for all your help though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts