Feedback required for a site's design

• montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I have Designed a Flash based site for a client. She is mostly happy with the overall look after several revisions, yet she feels there is something that still needs to be added/improved, which she is unable to pin point. I would love to hear feedback about the design to improve it further. Feel free to give any kind of criticism :D

You can see them HERE
HERE
HERE
HERE
HERE
HERE
And
HERE
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

6-3 try a light wavy flow design as a border something like with a little darkness but still blending with the colors. i know that sounds a little useless but try around with a few dividing lines around content.

6-4 that font is not suited to the style of web site, you need to go crazy with the fonts with something like this, you have done this absolute work of F$%KING Art and that plain text is just killing it. surf "Da Font" :)

also try a thin line across the top of the copyright to make a clean cut of the site.

Menu - LOVE the menu, if i was to suggest improving on it if anything would be a few lines through the middle to give some inner texture but not too much tho just a little texture. Mouseover.effects could be great to see on the finished product

i really don't want to touch the background what so ever but if anything again i would add a few more clouds to fill it in a little.

but that is really a great web site, if i made that in flash and they said something was missing i would not be happy at all. but really all you can do is touch up the effects and make things flow smooth on the page change which really i don't doubt from the looks of this.

Bravo
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also check out google fonts. they have a pretty decent selection and they are all web friendly
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

typhon wrote:
Also check out google fonts. they have a pretty decent selection and they are all web friendly

Which fonts, what sections of text?

Need details if your going to make a review.
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was just saying if they were looking for fonts, not only Da Font but google offers a large selection of free fonts as well. I liked the over all look, maybe a different font for the menu items wouldnt hurt but not needed really.
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

@Zealous: Thanks mate...will try and play around with the fonts. I didn't experiment much with fonts, as I wanted them to be readable and simple... but now that you pointed it out, I guess I should try a few more options with that.

Will also try and play around with texture, as you mentioned. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts