Firework Beginner

• bmpcq
  • Born
  • Born
  • bmpcq

Post 3+ Months Ago

:( I need help? I'm a currently developing a website and trying to to create a page in Fireworks? But everytime i i had a button to the page and then display it by hitting F12 - it appears to be all broken up like it is dreamweaver? I don't know hat i have done but i have wasted a whole day trying to fix this?

Please let me know what i have done? I'm sure it is so simple?

thank you

BMPCQ
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• hgruber
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Vero Beach Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are trying to make images for buttons you must export the image as whatever file format you are using for the program your desiging with.

If this does not help you please let me know and I'll see if I can help you further.

haans :)
  • hgruber
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here are the instructions from the tutorial

Make the shape that you want using the ordinary shape tools found in your toolbar (e.g. circle, rectangle etc.)

Place the photograph within the shape

Select the image and cut it (Cntrl +X)

Then select the shape and click on Edit>Paste Inside (Cntrl+Shift+V)

The picture is now placed within the shape. If you want to move the picture within the shape, click on the white arrow in the toolbar and select the picture. Now you can move the image within the shape to get the perfect position. The image and the shape is now an object. If you select the object with the usual select tool, you can add cool effects like an inner bevel or a drop shadow. Play around with it and you can get some really professional looking graphics. You can also paste multiple images within a given shape.
  • hgruber
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is the fix for the jagged edges

Have you ever tried to cut an image only to to get a very jagged edge and a terrible finish? Well! I'm going to share a simple but most effective tip on getting soft edges and a clean finish to images that you edit. Using the Feather property in Fireworks you can edit images easily getting a softer, smoother and professional finish. Here's how its done....

Step 1: As you would normally go about editing an image, select the part of the image that you want with one of the lasso tools found in the Fireworks toolbar.

Step 2: Here's the trick - After selecting the part of the photograph that you want to cut, click on Edit>Feather. A pop up screen will appear for you to enter the number of pixels. I usually enter 10 pixels. The number of pixels you enter will determine the softness of the picture. The background will slowly fade out, thus getting rid of sharp images and resulting in a softer finish.

It's just that simple!
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Portugal

Post 3+ Months Ago

bmpcq, you didnt tell us the actual problem, you could take a screenshot of the problem or elaborate further on what is happening.

And yes, it is simple to build a site in fireworks, so i wonder what you might have done to 'break it like it is dreamweaver', id love to help but i fail to see the problem.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts