First time WordPress user: Do I need to learn HTML and CSS?

• Eat Good

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm a future webmaster who's going to build my first website using WordPress. I'm wondering if I'll need to learn HTML and CSS in order to perform basic maintenance and editing. In order to help answer that question, I'll describe what the purpose of my website is:

I'm thinking about building one or maybe two different sites. The first one will be a basic blog. I would like to be able to add and remove videos, pictures, and ads to the blog whenever the need arises. The second site would be one where I sell a product or two, or an e-commerce site. I'll want to be able to add and remove images and videos and all the other stuff that needs tending to.

I've heard a lot of good things about WordPress. People say that it's pretty easy to set up and maintain. In order to meet my objectives, would I need to learn HTML and CSS?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• seularts
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well.. it would be a good idea to undestand the html structure in order to know what you can do and not do with wordpress so that you get no errors latter. And CSS is good if you want to achive something the wordpress can't create for you. One basic issue would be transparrent .png, and you have to know where you have to fix this in your code if you need it!:)
  • wanna kill
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I think yes, you need to learn html and css for your web designing.

thanks

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts