FLASH IN SIGNATURES

• sigi23
  • sigi23

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello.
First I would like to notice that this forum is invaluable to me as a massive collection of information as I am a newbie in web design and graphics.
Also I am sorry if this post is made in the wrong place and ask moderators/admins to pm me the link incase it will be moved.
And now to the question :)
I am a newbie admin on an invision power board forum and make signatures using photoshop for most members on the forum. I started making animated signatures and have to use the gif format witch loses it’s quality if certain colors are used in the making.
I have allowed SWF files on the forum and uploaded them to photobucket.com to generate the codes needed. But still no luck the signature will not appear as a flash.
My question is what should I do to make flash signatures to appear like normal jpg, gif…and not as a link?
The reason I convert these to flash is to maintain quality of the signature.
I know most forums don’t allow flash signatures on forums is to prevent long loading time, but that’s not a problem for my forum users.
I will be very grateful to receive help in the matter.
:oops:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Netlyte
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Netlyte

Post 3+ Months Ago

I remember a while back ago A Flash artist told me that the file has to be in the same directory and since this file is on a different website I don't think it'll work. I'm not 100% sure about that though.

I guess the only way to know is test it. Try leaving it in the same directory as your forum and see if it works.
  • sigi23
  • sigi23

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you very much. I still didn’t fix it but it sounds reasonable because I have allowed swf files on the forum and now instead of just not allowing me the swf extinction it just puts it as user posted image with no display.
Also thank you for the time and attention. :oops:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts