form help!

• foolioGrimz
  • foolioGrimz
  • Loc: beeville, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi, Im having trouble with forms on a website. They all worked before but then the web hosting company messed around with stuff. 1/5 of the files were lost and now the forms are no longer working. one other thing... now I have to use cuteFTP to upload the files to the server instead of just using frontpage.

the url is http://slidingweight.com/catalogemail.htm

and here's the beginning of the form script:

Code: [ Select ]
<form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--" onsubmit="return FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)" name="FrontPage_Form1">
  <!--webbot bot="SaveResults" startspan S-Email-Format="TEXT/PRE"
  B-Email-Label-Fields="TRUE" B-Email-ReplyTo-From-Field="TRUE"
  S-Email-ReplyTo="Email" S-Builtin-Fields
  S-Email-Address="catalogemail@slidingweight.com" --><input TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP" VALUE="0"><!--webbot
  bot="SaveResults" endspan -->
  <input type="hidden" name="ProductOrService" value="SWH & B Product 1">
  1. <form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--" onsubmit="return FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)" name="FrontPage_Form1">
  2.   <!--webbot bot="SaveResults" startspan S-Email-Format="TEXT/PRE"
  3.   B-Email-Label-Fields="TRUE" B-Email-ReplyTo-From-Field="TRUE"
  4.   S-Email-ReplyTo="Email" S-Builtin-Fields
  5.   S-Email-Address="catalogemail@slidingweight.com" --><input TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP" VALUE="0"><!--webbot
  6.   bot="SaveResults" endspan -->
  7.   <input type="hidden" name="ProductOrService" value="SWH & B Product 1">

any help guys?

edit:

oh and one more thing. when I click submit the address bar says "http://slidingweight.com/_vti_bin/shtml.dll/catalogemail.htm" and there is no such directory as "/_vti_bin" but this is the same script as before
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

_vti_bin is part of Frontpage extensions that I bet your hosting company removed. good for them! They are an insane security risk anyway.

What was this form supposed to do? Just send an email? You'll probably have to rewrite any scripts that were relying on FP extensions. This particular one is easy, just use CDONTS.NewMail in an ASP script. The function is simple, I can post an example if you'd like.

.c
  • foolioGrimz
  • foolioGrimz

Post 3+ Months Ago

the form used to send them a catalog in their email and I believe it was supposed to add their info to a database but I doubt that ever worked.

the main thing Im concerned about is getting it to send them the catalog, but it would be a big help If I could get ti to save their info too.

an example to get me started would be appreciated. Ive never really worked with forms much until I got this job.
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm... were you using MS Commerce Server or something like that? How was the catelog created, did you upload it and it would be sent, or was it dynamically generated?

.c
  • foolioGrimz
  • foolioGrimz

Post 3+ Months Ago

The catalog is on the server and the HTML is sent out and viewed in the email kind of like a webpage.

the way my boss explained it. its supposed to send an email to an account here at slidingweight and an autoresponder sends out the HTML file to the email address

I dont believe we were using an MS Commerce server. Nearly everything is hosted on a local website hosting server
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm. Can't use CDONTS.NewMail then, it only does plain text messages. Was this application custom built by your company, or is it a packaged solution of some sort? The process you describe seems really weird to me.. I don't understand the middle part where the server sends to an email that uses an autoresponder to sent the actual email out...

.c
  • foolioGrimz
  • foolioGrimz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Carnix wrote:
hmmm. Can't use CDONTS.NewMail then, it only does plain text messages. Was this application custom built by your company, or is it a packaged solution of some sort? The process you describe seems really weird to me.. I don't understand the middle part where the server sends to an email that uses an autoresponder to sent the actual email out...

.c

they already had all this setup when I got here, but from what I understand he has a program on his computer that detects when an email is recieved for that account and sends a reply with the HTML, while also recording the email address along with the other contact information to a document on his computer.

the only part I need to deal with is getting the form to work. to submit the information in the form of an email to that email account.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts