Forum within a webpage

  • kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 698
  • Loc: Geneva, Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

y0

Does anyone know how to make a forum (like this one) in a page such as index.... i dont want the forum to be on a seperate page. I just want the forum to be about 70% of my webpage and the other 30% are links or stuff like here at ozzu

thnx :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 5149
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might check out http://www.postnuke.com/

It's got a PHPBB forum embedded in it, like you want.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6376
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

or an iframe will work as another option
  • Hacker007
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 371
  • Loc: Riverside, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

IFRAME could keep it all having the same domain, not boards.sitename or sitename.com/boards but I have noticed, forums tend to get problems when In an IFRAME, at least thats my experience.
  • SigmaSquared
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SigmaSquared
  • Posts: 23

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
You might check out http://www.postnuke.com/

It's got a PHPBB forum embedded in it, like you want.


Hi, sorry to bring this topic back up, but what other options are there instead of using iFrames for embedding a phpbb forum inside a webpage. I saw someone mention there could be problems using it, so i'm wondering what is the best alternative.

I saw what you've done digitalMedia... that is EXACTLY what i'm looking for. How did you do it??

Sigma
  • alexb
  • Born
  • Born
  • alexb
  • Posts: 2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try phpbbhacks.com
  • SigmaSquared
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SigmaSquared
  • Posts: 23

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried to search on phpbbhacks.com but couldn't find anything. Could you please provide me with a link like i'm a 2 year old? In matters like these, i really am! :)
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1853

Post 3+ Months Ago

aoeu

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.