Frames Issue - arrrgh

• blksheep
  • blksheep

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Everyone,

Great forum. I'm having an agravating time with a site with frames that I've never experienced in all my years of design.

*Please note, this site involves nudity, but it's tasteful enough

I have a frameset on the members' area as /mainsite/index.shtml and a frameset on the guest portion of the site as /gueststie/index.shtml. Both framesets have identical code, linking to identical pages of shtml, html, the only difference being the guestsite/index.shtml loads thumbs, but clicking a thumbs brings up a join page.

Now, on the guest side there is a free gallery of images. Clicking these images loads the image, and the browser's back button returns you to the previous page with the thumbs.

However, on the mainsite side, with the very same code on all the pages, when you go to a thumbs page, click a thumb, the image loads and you go back - it brings you back to the main framset. EVERY TIME. It's extremely frustrating! You can go several pages of thumbs in, go over to many different pages, but when you load any image - back to the frameset. WHAT is going on?!

I've disabled the ip ranking cgi; I'm thinking possibly something to do my credit card 's password cgi...I just don't know. ANY thougts/suggestions would be helpful, I've thrown my hands up, while the subscriptions plummet.

http://www.celebritynet.net - you'll see 'guests' and 'members'
I can create a username / password for someone to have a look at what's going on.

sorry for the longish post, but help!
claude
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

*drools* :oops:
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Adult content aside, that site is actually fairly well done. Consistent theme, font is neat (a little hard to read in parts though). Too bad for the frames :D :lol:
Also on the actresses page, you spelled it 'actersses'. As for the subscriptions, I can't see why the simple back error would cause people to stop going to the site...
But anyways, not quite sure what your problem is :oops:, I guess It would be easier to figure out if we could actually view the problem.
  • blksheep
  • blksheep

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

Thanks for the reply. I've created a username / password -
Please PM me for them.

It'll expire in a day or so. Feel free to have a look. What happens is when you go to a thumbs page, click on an image it brings you back to the main frameset page, instead of the previous page which was the thumbs page.

cheers for the help!

claude
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's working as it should for me (using Firefox). I'm gonna try IE and see if that's what's causing it. Yup. Problem is that when you click back IE reloads the index page. Haha that would get pretty annoying after a while. Two solutions I can think of - 1) Load the image into the frameset instead of breaking it, or 2) What if...you used a gallery script, so it wasn't just the image?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

blksheep, giving fair warning about the content of the site is great... Posting a username & password to adult content in a forum with some younger members... not such a good idea :wink:
I edited them out of your post, people will need to ask you for them.
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

funny
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

:oops: Heh, I never thought of that...
  • blksheep
  • blksheep

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm really, really sorry...desperation does sometimes lead to awful judgement :oops:

Quote:
Two solutions I can think of - 1) Load the image into the frameset instead of breaking it, or 2) What if...you used a gallery script, so it wasn't just the image?

And many thanks agagin for the replies. Loading into the framest isn't really too good an aesthetic solution...I'm slightly weary about adding more script because the pages/thumbs/menus are all being creating by python scripts which would involve another week or so of work...

I think I've given up and I'm going to go the CSS route. I'm already working with a rough template; I guess when I'm finished there I'll have to go through all the browsers for compatibility.

Why can't they all just get along nice nice?
thanks
claude
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

The funny thing is its because of Internet Explorer this time; not a different browser :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts