FrontPage and FireFox and IE

• BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am developing my webpage(using front page), when I load the preview page in fireFox i see that the line spaces between the sentences have changed, from the design view.

something else. IE and FireFox display my webpage differently, dont know why.

EX. the space between the sentences are viewed differently from IE and FireFox.( more hint) in IE it views the webpage exactly the way is been designed but in FireFox the space between the sentences are changed.

I hope i explained my problem well.

Thanks.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

With CSS you can specify "line-height" and spacing between paragraphs and make them uniform between the two browsers.

My advice is to never trust a design view. It's nice to have for quick reference, but as far as output goes, only trust the browsers.
  • CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Remember, FrontPage is made by Microsoft, so they purposely make your pages work the best in IE. :cry:

I never use FrontPage because of this reason. You may be able to find another HTML editor at http://www.download.com Of course, Macromedia is the best editor to use... but it's also one of the most expensive.

If you know HTML, I suggest 1st page 2000 (it's free!) from Evrsoft. Check it out a http://evrsoft.com
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

CazpianXI wrote:
If you know HTML, I suggest 1st page 2000 (it's free!) from Evrsoft. Check it out a http://evrsoft.com

:) I used that when I first started learning HTML & Javascript.

digitalMedia wrote:
My advice is to never trust a design view. It's nice to have for quick reference, but as far as output goes, only trust the browsers.

So true DM, In HTML-Kit I get a new page started and save it before doing anything to it, open IE, NS, & FFOX to that page and get let my itchy F5 finger loose :)
  • digital print
  • digital print

Post 3+ Months Ago

IE and Mozilla browers will show different if the code is not up to scratch. I haven't usde Firefox yet.
Has anybody heard of MyIE2?
  • Cool#9
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Québec

Post 3+ Months Ago

digital print wrote:
Has anybody heard of MyIE2?

Don’t worry about MyIE2, it’s an IE6 but partially rewritten by another company not affiliated to Microsofty, it will show all pages exactly like IE6, no exceptions. :wink:
  • CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

MyIE2 is basically a skin of IE that gives IE multiple tabs.

Pages viewed in MyIE2 will look exactly the same way they look in IE.
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the support..
  • LazyJim
  • Student
  • Student
  • LazyJim

Post 3+ Months Ago

I too have a trusty alt-tab > F5 trick allowing my to test my hand-coded pages in IE6, FF0.8, Op7.03 and NS7 in a matter of seconds.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts