Gap under image in IE7

• mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The page is here:

http://206.251.36.107/photo-index.htm

the problem is that the transparent rainbow background in the top div is not really a background; it's an image stretched to width="100%" in a div of it's own, with another div containing the title text laid over top. In firefox this looks great: the black div border surrounds the image perfectly.

But in IE7 there is about a 5px gap beneath it, inside the black border. I was sure I had seen a recent post here about this issue but I can't find it.

The page source is all there; the css is at the top. As you can see, I tried setting the image padding, margins, and vspace but to no effect.

The subsequent pages have many more IE7 problems so I'm trying to get so clues as to what it won't accept (eg, I notice combining left: and right: does not work, you must set width:).

Also, if anyone has a nicer way to get a scaled background image I suppose that would be the best solution (ie, so I can actually use just one div with the background-image set).
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay I got it!:
Code: [ Select ]

img { display: block; }

2. img { display: block; }

Unless anyone has an answer to that last one (scaling an actual background image).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts