gather external data into a webpage

• adinic123
  • Born
  • Born
  • adinic123

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. I have the following issue. Let’s say I want to gather information on a website from several other websites. I would also need to put that data into a formula. (EX: 1000*external data1+1500*external data2=portfolio value) Stock market data from tables. The point is to access that website from a mobiel phone and to have the final portfolio value and profit/loss. Now how would I do that. In excel it works like a charm with data gathering. I would need something like that but in a webpage. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well you can't just take data off other websites like you want, but if that data is in something like an RSS feed then you could at least get the data already ... is it available like that or is it just on the site ... ?
  • seularts
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

there is also copyright law:D
  • alex89
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Western Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are alot of 3rd party programs to monitor the stock market & your portfolio, I imagine there would be one that keeps you updated via sms or posts the information onto a website that your mobile can view.

If not, then it shouldn't be too challenging to make - you'll need to have the server refresh (hourly/daily?) and retrieve data from the stockmarket (put into csv/database) - and php page generating a table of information.

[ur=http://php.resourceindex.com/detail/02655.html]Here[/url] is a stock retrieval script (gets data from Yahoo Finance) - shouldn't be too hard from here.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts