Getting users to upgrade their accounts

• rlopes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello. Please check the site bit DOT ly SLASH pNgeaN
There's 2 types of accounts - Basic and Premium. The Premium accounts offer more symbols and more fonts.

Right now we do this: the Premium symbols/fonts have a golden outline. When the user clicks over a Premium symbol for example, the site opens a graphical message saying that such symbol is only available for Premium users, and invites the user to upgrade his account.

I have some concerns about this scheme:

- Won't the users get turned off when seeing this message?
- Will the users even read the message, or will they just think the site doesn't work and quit?

Do you know of a better scheme to get the users upgraded?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

What the difference in the prices? That's what will determine ho far the users go.
  • rlopes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
What the difference in the prices? That's what will determine ho far the users go.

Basic = $0
Premium = $9
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe you would be better off listing what each service provides, in different columns. That way, they don't have to read any message. They will already be able to determine what they want.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You lost me when I had to translate the registration page for the paid version from Portuguese to English.
  • rlopes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
Maybe you would be better off listing what each service provides, in different columns. That way, they don't have to read any message. They will already be able to determine what they want.

That could work, thanks for the idea!
  • rlopes

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
You lost me when I had to translate the registration page for the paid version from Portuguese to English.

Where did you find something written in Portuguese? I had no idea there was such thing in my site!!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

rlopes wrote:
Where did you find something written in Portuguese? I had no idea there was such thing in my site!!

When I clicked the link to register i.e. this one: http://www.onlinelogomaker.com/index.ph ... deredirect I was taken to:
https://www.paypal.com/br/cgi-bin/websc ... 49cb816560 //edit - after clicking that link I realized it was session related after clicking the first link.

which for me is written in Portuguese (at least it looks like Portuguese as best I can tell). In essence what I was saying, since English is my primary language, and it appears your website is designed to be read in English, when I hit your registration page on paypal and saw a foreign language that I couldn't translate without the aid of a Translator I was done with it at that point.
  • rlopes

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
rlopes wrote:

When I clicked the link to register i.e.
which for me is written in Portuguese (at least it looks like Portuguese as best I can tell).

Dear lord I had NO IDEA about this.
I thought I was seeing this page in Portuguse due to my IP address, since I'm in Brazil.
Thank you so much, I will recommend this forum to every web designer I know :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts