Give Mail id in designing page

• mohan_35_kumar
  • Born
  • Born
  • mohan_35_kumar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi friends,

How do I make it so that someone can mail me by just clicking on text with subject?

Can anyone suggest me please
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Be aware that anybody employing any type of web-scraper will be able to collect your email if you do it in this fashion. It would be more advisable to have contact go through a form instead so you can filter bots and stop web-scrapers.

Code: [ Select ]
<a href="mailto:email@domain.com?subject=Your Subject">Some text</a>

Change email@domain.com to your email and Your Subject to the subject you want to use.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm starting to wonder whether I should go back to the old mailto: method and forget about contact forms. Either way I have to screen emails, but with mailto: I don't have to screen ones trying to hijack my mail relay for sending spam.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you use any type of human verification joebert?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only fool proof human verification I've come across is making the human verification so frustrating that a human calls the phone number listed in the domain WHOIS info to complain about it. :)

Look at it this way, fewer contact forms on the internet to act as relays means fewer servers sending spam and fewer spam messages to sort through.
  • ashleylarson
  • Born
  • Born
  • ashleylarson

Post Yesterday

Hi there,
You can use the foloowing codes to add an email link on your webpage:
<a href="mailto:youremailaddress">Email Me</a>

Replace :youremailaddress with your own mail id. This will result in the visitor's email page opening with a new email with your id already filled in the To: field.

If you want the visitor to email you with a subject line, you can use this code:
<a href="mailto:youremailaddress?subject=SweetWords">Send Email</a>
and replace the mailto: with your email.

Suppose you want an email link for your visitors containing specific text in the body of their message, simply add body:
<a href="mailto:youremailaddress?body=Please send me a copy of your new program!">Send Email</a>

Or you can combine all the three elements to allow your visitor to send you an email with the subject and text already entered. Using contact forms in your website can also help. Many websites nowadays are using contact forms as they are much easier to implement and is also more clearly visible to the user.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts