Google Chrome Mangling border-radius ?

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has anyone else looked at anything that uses the CSS border-radius family of rules for rounded corners in Google Chrome ? Does it look horribly mangled to you ?

I expected things like Opera and IE not recognizing the border radius, but Chrome is going one step further and just making it look so bad that it would be better if they didn't do it at all. It's worse looking than an index-transparency based GIF. The corners look pixelated, they're missing pieces. They just look terrible for me.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
It's worse looking than an index-transparency based GIF. The corners look pixelated, they're missing pieces. They just look terrible for me.

I actually thot all rounded corners were done that way. I'm sure it can be done well. Well, probably a .png is better...

Of course, it also leaves much opportunity to be done badly. Out of curiosity, you say IE will not recognise the CSS method anyway. Does that mean it is limited to FF?
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

@mk27: webkit and mozilla based browsers support border-radius.

@joebert: I agree, I think they wrote it in with the v8 engine instead of using the webkit engine. Which means it's essentially a javascript dealio. I assume that's why it looks like crap.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

which version of safari? I haven't noticed any issues in v4.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts