Graphics Quality

• Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ive been working on my new site recently and when I upload my graphics Via FTP there all disconfigured. The quality is really poor when I view them at my site address but when I go to my FTP server its in the same quality as they were uploaded. I dont know why this is but I thought some of you could take a look and tell me whats going on. my site address is http://streetclanx.cjb.net. thanks :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

They look just fine to me.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

the main graphic is pixellated some, not too bad but I'm really
pick with that so I would change it.

what program are you using to make your graphics?
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

it was my isp. Im still stuck with aol for now. Im getting cable soon so I found out that somehow the graphics compression for aol got turned on. Its working fine for now. But I am using Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for my graphics
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
the main graphic is pixellated some, not too bad but I'm really
pick with that so I would change it.

Wouldn't a Gaussian blur on the background take care of that? Assuming he has that filter in his graphics program.

As a side note for anyone who views the link to Netmaster's site. The Gain and Orbits and a variety of other "download" pop-ups that come up when you view the site are not a good thing to say yes to. They'll fill your computer with spyware/adware and popup ads will start to haunt you. And the Gain stuff is difficult to remove completely. Just wanted to give newbies a heads up. Unless you want a ton of headaches, don't EVER download anything with the name GAIN associated with it.

I know that's not Netmaster's fault. I think I remember he even told me once that was his host.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The person appears to not be anti-aliased, which is probably giving it a pixellated look.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

apparently he figured out what the problem was for him. glad
to hear it. :)
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, I finally found the program that works for me. I dont know about those gain pop-ups though. I believe that is just my host so dont blame me for it! :D I can try to get rid of it somehow. Im sure theres a script out there for it. but I just wanted to tell ya. :D
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I havent had any more problems with the graphics. I think thats all it was was my isp. Aol Compresses images to help the page load faster. I think its kinda stupid so I just turned it off. Well, I know you guys didnt help much but thanks anywayz
  • carlosrapa
  • carlosrapa
  • Loc: Fairview Heights, IL. (St. Louis Area)

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahhh... aol that explains it all... try a true hosting server... it will be a great benifit if its not just a personal website... I dont believe you can run scripts on an aol server either... so the gain pop up will most likely always be there... if you want cheap and effective use something like...

go to GoDaddy.com and for 7.95 you can register
STREETCLANX.COM
"Dont make me be a prick and register it... and have you buy it from me later... lol.... jk"

take http://www.streetclanx.com... and host it at...
http://www.avahost.com/ it is pretty cheap.. thats where i host my stuff...

Just some advice...
Carlos
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

aol isnt my host! thats just my current isp. Im using 1and1.com for my host. I would never host a website on an aol server.. thats just crazzy..soon enough though I will have a domain name. dont buy it though! I might have to beat the S#!T out of you..ha ha.. j/k.. :D
  • carlosrapa
  • carlosrapa

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol... well good luck... whats your site going to be about? just curious..

Carlos
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you have visited the site you have noticed that there is a picture of nelly on the splash.. there is a picture of 50 cent on the layout.. its going to be mainly about music but there are going to be sections on cars,sports, and games. Im going to have a phpbb board like the one ozzu uses for members of the site to chat. thats about all the plans I have for it now...
  • carlosrapa
  • carlosrapa

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am a big nelly fan... i'm from the st. louis area... i noticed his picture... I knew it had something to do with music.. but since there was no text i was kinda unsure...

Carlos
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nelly and the St. Lunatics are bomb, Im from missouri so its kinda nice being able to listen to someone from your area. Im a really big fan of 50 Cent and G-UNIT though, they have to be my favorites. but yeah, thats what it has to do with.. music.. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts