Having issues with dynamic menus

• mrhodes
  • mrhodes

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm fairly new at making sites, and am trying to incorporate DHTML menus into my site http://www.markrhodes.us

I cannot for the life of me seem to get the menus to pop up in the right portion of the page. They either all come up at the upper-left corner of the page, or if i put in an anchor with the following code:

<style>.awmAnchor {position:relative}</style>
<span id='awmAnchor-photos_menu' class='awmAnchor'></span>

they all come up in the upper left corner of the table i have in the site (right by the "photos" image). This is what the page is doing now.

What I would like each menu to do is appear centered under it's appropriate image on mouse-over, i.e. the photos menu will pop up directly underneath the photos image, the blog archives menu will appear under that image, etc.

Anyone with a better knowlege of DHTML have any ideas what i'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help you can send my way!

Mark
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

mrhodes - welcome to OZZU!

I'll try to put this as delicately as I can, but I think that your understanding of how to use Frontpage, may be part of the problem. The code I'm looking at is -- how can I put this? Really bad. You only have 137 lines of code on the whole page and HTML Tidy gives 64 warnings about code that is invalid to HTML standards.

The thing about DHTML is that is a combination of javascript and CSS that makes it happen. And I'm sorry to say it this way, but your code looks more like a tossed salad at the moment.

I'm quite sure that it's Frontpage that generated that code, but I have seen Frontpage websites that are at least close. I can't even suggest what's causing the problem, because it would take too long to fix the problem and decipher the errors.
  • mrhodes
  • mrhodes

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW,

No need to be delicate. I'm pretty much hacking my way though this, so I would imagine it's pretty ugly. At least I know the depth of the issues though, to some extent. Thanks for the info!

Mark

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts