help identifying where to place bg image / css issue

  • murray craven
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • murray craven
  • Posts: 9

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a forum, which Im having trouble finding where to properly place a bg image Ive already made a post about this a few days ago but cant seem to find it (sorry)

the forum is icemanrecords dot com / forum

im trying to put an image on the main index page, below the last subject "music" where there is dead dark grey space below, until the page footer...For the life of me, I cant seem to find which style sheet to place the code

please HELP!!!!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 334

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would guess it is this:
Code: [ Select ]
<div id="page-body">

I didn't see any reference to it in the css files but I didn't look thru all of them. If it's not there, just add to one:
Code: [ Select ]
#page-body { background-image: url(youknow); }



Also, you have an unclosed meta tag in your header!
  • murray craven
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • murray craven
  • Posts: 9

Post 3+ Months Ago

mk27 wrote:
I would guess it is this:
Code: [ Select ]
<div id="page-body">

I didn't see any reference to it in the css files but I didn't look thru all of them. If it's not there, just add to one:
Code: [ Select ]
#page-body { background-image: url(youknow); }



Also, you have an unclosed meta tag in your header!



Thanks!!!

and where do i put this?

please be gentle with me, im a lowly flash develp, that dabbles in php for some clients
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 334

Post 3+ Months Ago

In fact I was wrong. It's a table.

Find line 126 :
Code: [ Select ]
<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="900">
<tbody style="background: #ffff00;">
<tr><td class="west" style="background-image: url(YOURIMAGE);">
  1. <table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="900">
  2. <tbody style="background: #ffff00;">
  3. <tr><td class="west" style="background-image: url(YOURIMAGE);">

I split that line into 3 for easier reading here.

Hopefully we are talking about the same thing, as you can see it does work -- if not, then the pathname of the image is wrong. You could also find the "west" td class in one of the .css files and put it there instead; the inline tag method overrides that. The other column, surprise surprise, is "east".
Attachments:
tmp.jpg
  • murray craven
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • murray craven
  • Posts: 9

Post 3+ Months Ago

mk27 wrote:
In fact I was wrong. It's a table.

Find line 126 :
Code: [ Select ]
<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="900">
<tbody style="background: #ffff00;">
<tr><td class="west" style="background-image: url(YOURIMAGE);">
  1. <table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="900">
  2. <tbody style="background: #ffff00;">
  3. <tr><td class="west" style="background-image: url(YOURIMAGE);">

I split that line into 3 for easier reading here.

Hopefully we are talking about the same thing, as you can see it does work -- if not, then the pathname of the image is wrong. You could also find the "west" td class in one of the .css files and put it there instead; the inline tag method overrides that. The other column, surprise surprise, is "east".



Thanks Man!! Ill try it now..

Last question, where does this code go, the html or the css?

I know im bein a pain
  • murray craven
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • murray craven
  • Posts: 9

Post 3+ Months Ago

murray craven wrote:
mk27 wrote:
In fact I was wrong. It's a table.

Find line 126 :
Code: [ Select ]
<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="900">
<tbody style="background: #ffff00;">
<tr><td class="west" style="background-image: url(YOURIMAGE);">
  1. <table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="900">
  2. <tbody style="background: #ffff00;">
  3. <tr><td class="west" style="background-image: url(YOURIMAGE);">

I split that line into 3 for easier reading here.

Hopefully we are talking about the same thing, as you can see it does work -- if not, then the pathname of the image is wrong. You could also find the "west" td class in one of the .css files and put it there instead; the inline tag method overrides that. The other column, surprise surprise, is "east".



Thanks Man!! Ill try it now..

Last question, where does this code go, the html or the css?

I know im bein a pain



I tried, but its not working, I put the code in the proper place, im just having trouble getting the image to display

please take a look if you can
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 334

Post 3+ Months Ago

murray craven wrote:
I tried, but its not working, I put the code in the proper place, im just having trouble getting the image to display


Well, the way I did it here was just use a path relative to the page:
Code: [ Select ]
<td class="west" style="background-image: url(gif/dwk.gif)">

Definitely line 126 from the "page source" available on-line, which if this was generated server-side with php or something that will be different. Sorry I didn't mention this before. If that's the case just post the source you have.
Attachments:
dwk.gif
  • murray craven
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • murray craven
  • Posts: 9

Post 3+ Months Ago

mk27 wrote:
murray craven wrote:
I tried, but its not working, I put the code in the proper place, im just having trouble getting the image to display


Well, the way I did it here was just use a path relative to the page:
Code: [ Select ]
<td class="west" style="background-image: url(gif/dwk.gif)">

Definitely line 126 from the "page source" available on-line, which if this was generated server-side with php or something that will be different. Sorry I didn't mention this before. If that's the case just post the source you have.




much appreciated

lets see

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 83 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.