on hover- pop up in diff. place.

• PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is the script (php, javascript or anything) that i could use to make is so when i hover over something, a caption shows up in a diff. place.
EXAMPLE: http://bro.acgcny.com
Please help!

B_Heyer, you should know this one.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

DHTML (i.e. javascript)...the one that I used here is a free source. Mine is modified significantly, but if you understand javascript, you should be able to make it work for you (view source for the script -- the rollover graphics are a bit on the coarse side - I did them before I knew much about graphics design, but the script is a good one):

http://atnopro.com/index_old.html

For further information, review the source code of the page you are asking about. The script is there. You just have to modify it to meet your needs. One thing you have to realize is that you can't always depend on others to write your scripts and code for you. You need to do a bit of research on your own and some experimenting to really understand it. Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh...but I speant 12 hours today thinking over one smalll problem with php that wasn't even my coding error/s. Then, after discovering that my code was not at fault, I was able to create 21 pages in less than four hours.

It just tends to irk me a bit when people ask for things that are so easily found by doing a quick google search.

Again my apologies for coming off a bit strong. I hope the info above does give you some help.
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes that was a big help. That is exactly what i needed. I just had to delete some here, some there, ya know, just a bunch of customizing. But it was all worth it for the small task that i wanted it to do. Thank you atno.

And as for asking questions, Isn't that what this forum is for? Help with things that you are stuck on? I know i may overuse this privilage, but thats the way i am...tooo bad. Yes I do need to do more research and experimenting. It's just by the end of 12 hours at the computer everyday, trying to figure this crap out, i get kinda pissed and so i ask the question on ozzu....But it's always helpful if i DID know the javascript stuff and php. Hey, ill get there some day.

- No harsh feelings. Not ment to start a fight. Just stating my opinion. Im not mad. :wink: :iconthumbright:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't worry...I wasn't mad either, really. I'm glad it helped. I was just in one of those moods last night after trying for hours to solve one of my own problems. I completely understand, and like you, I only ask for help here (or other places) if I'm completely stumped and haven't done my own research first.

Cheers
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah it took me a while to find much information on innerText, but it is a god send! Do you understand everything now IM? if you don't feel free to post/email, but I must be off to go upstairs and work on that computer (have to be off the internet by 11:30 and that computer doesn't have the internet...alas, rottern masters;))

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts