how about your logo?

• vikiviki
  • Loc: new york

Post 3+ Months Ago

do you satisfy about your own logo? if no, will you redesign it with professional logo maker?
i find so many logo design tools, but which one i should choose?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think Adobe Illustrator is a good one... I just need to get my hands on it.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

nothing wrong with photoshop :P
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think Illustrator beats photoshop because of vector-support or something like that. I personally don't know as I don't use either of the programs (I don't really make the logos), but I'm going off from what I read/learned on other threads.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats like asking what camera you should use to take good pictures. It doesn't matter if you don't know the theory. In the end the best camera in the world can still take horrible pictures if you don't understand photography. In the same way all the image tools around will still make a crappy logo if you don't understand logo design.

Lots of design basics
http://embody3d.com/2009/12/15/the-theory-of-logo-design/
http://www.how-to-branding.com/Logo-Design-Theory.html
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

graphixboy wrote:
Thats like asking what camera you should use to take good pictures. It doesn't matter if you don't know the theory. In the end the best camera in the world can still take horrible pictures if you don't understand photography. In the same way all the image tools around will still make a crappy logo if you don't understand logo design.

I couldn't have said it better, although I do understand that someone who understands logo design is more likely to make killer projects with applications that offer a wide ranger of functionality.

Having said that, I have done some of my best work using freeware applications and actually still use PSP 9 (Paint Shop Pro for those who aren't familiar). I have Photo Shop and Illustrator both as well, but most of my clients already have their logo in both png and vector available, so it's not something I end up doing a lot of. Shame because I think I could play all day making up graphic designs.
  • Silvertongue62
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think if you get familiar with photoshop, you will find it more than capable. Be careful not to get too caught up in the hype of which software does what. In most cases you will not be able to see the differences if you are not an expert. My avatar was done in Photoshop 7.0 in about 3 minutes. Literally I did it in three minutes. Because it was auto resized, you cant see the detail. But it is in chrome with fog moving in the background. Keep in mind i am not a graphic artist but i taught myself PS and it has served me well.

I hope this helps...
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

vikiviki wrote:
i find so many logo design tools, but which one i should choose?

When you say "logo design tool", if you're talking about services like this than I suggest you not use ANY of them. Cookie cutter logo's are completely worthless, and you're bound to end up with a logo that a hundred other people have.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts