How to avoid link underlines overlapping in Firefox and Mac

• VioletJennifer
  • Born
  • Born
  • VioletJennifer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I designed a simple html webpage using Frontpage. Everything is fine in IE7, but when I open my website in Firefox or Mac/IE7, if the words with hyperlinks are in the same line, there is only a single underline extending from the first word to the last word.

For example, this is how it looks:

IE7
apple orange banana Guava

Mac-IE7/Firefox
apple orange banana Guava

Can you troubleshoot this? and provide me a simple html solution rather than some higher programming discussion or plugins?

Thanks.

J
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well actually, we're not going to suggest any plugins at all ... What I'd rather suggest is actually learning HTML for yourself and programming HTML in some other editor, preferably Notepad, or Notepad2 or Notepad++ ... the reason I am suggesting this is as follows ... Frontpage has to guess what you want to accomplish and almost always adds code/markup that is unnecessary where if you were to code it yourself, you'd know that the code is clean and well structured ...

Anyway, that has nothing to do with the current solution you are looking for, do you have the site anywhere live at the moment so we can see it for ourselves, or is it still only locally on your machine? If it's only locally, don't you please want to share the code with us ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts