How can I create a "google docs like" structure on my site?

• marwandese
  • Born
  • Born
  • marwandese

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a med student. We have a lot of classes so I figured that we should collaborate to write our notes online so that we can have better quality notes.
I bought a domain name and a simple web hosting package with php and a mysql database.

This is what I would like to do:

I want to have one page for every single lesson we have, so for example i would have

example. com/microbiology/lesson_05_03_2012.html

or something like that. I want all the registered users of my website to be able to edit the contents of the notes, with a very simle online WYSIWYG editor, since not all of them are good with computers, this is why i don't want to use Mediawiki as a platform, it's not very easy to use, people get freaked out by codes, here I need everybody to collaborate.

Can anyone give me an idea on what platform to use? Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, or something else. I can code HTML and Javascript pretty good, so I don't mind messing with code, I just need to know where to start looking...

Thanks in advance to all :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas
  • Loc: AFK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you code PHP?
  • MarPlo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MarPlo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi
I don't know if Wordpress, Joomla have something like that. Most probably you need a custom made script created with a server side language, like PHP.
First, a script for register /login users, than the interface to add notes, and a table in database to store the records.
So, if you don't know PHP (or ASP.NET) you cannot create such website only with html and javascript.
  • jardinejdesign
  • Born
  • Born
  • jardinejdesign
  • Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is actually my problem as well, I can hardly find out how to do Google docs like structure.. I hope somebody can help us..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts