how to create a frame in a HTML page

• gracequeen
  • gracequeen

Post 3+ Months Ago

how to create a frame in a HTML page(main.html) without changing to another page? I know usually if i need to create a frameset, i will have to create another HTML page to insert all these frame, but now i wish to click on buttons on main.html, then the frames will appear somewhere in main.html. i mean there r few buttons there in main.html, each of the button will create 1 frame, if i click on 2nd button, the 2nd frame will appear, n the 1st frame will still stick on the main.html.

it's it possible to do so? and how?

thanks...

grace ^_^
  • oblongintellect
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • oblongintellect

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's a simple solution that might work for you. Put the page (main.html) into a folder in the root of your site, make the index.htm of the folder your frames page and link to it with the button that way they can both be displayed in the same window. I don't know if that's what your looking for but I hope it helped.

-OI
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

//moved

You can use an iframe to create a frame without creating a new initial page.

read more about iframes here --> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/frames.html#h-16.5
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you are looking for an iframe? Sounds like it to me.

Basically you would build main.html and place in it an iframe (which you can position and give width and height to, like any other element on the page) and load the other pages into the iframe. Try a seach on google for Iframe tutorial to see if this is what you need.

I am obliged to suggest that frames are always a bad thing though. You should aim to not use them IMHO
  • gracequeen
  • gracequeen

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, buddies....

Special thanks to rtm223 and digitalMedia, coz u guys have gave me some ideas... thank you so much! :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts