How to create a poll?

• babyjai

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im wondering if anyone knows a code for creating a PHP poll so this way it will show after you vote, and you dont have to use some other 3rd parties trash? Any help would be great
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah yes, but if I create one for you, wouldn't that just be 3rd party trash as well?
  • babyjai

Post 3+ Months Ago

im not asking you yto create one, im asking for the php file and I will edit it, so I guess you sort of are, but no one likes a smart ..... ;)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This phpBB forum software has a great little script to do exactly what you asked. The download is free and is open source so it can be modified:

http://www.phpbb.com/

You can find the bulk of the poll script in posting.php

However, it will take some serious modification to nix all the phpBB stuff if you intend to use it as a stand-alone.
  • babyjai

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, well ill get to it then
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good luck, but I have to warn you, when I say it may take some serious modification I mean it.

When I started my project, I didn't know PHP at all. It has taken me a month to understand all the variables and include files in this script as well as the database structure. You're going to find that most of the variables and includes will need to be changed if you intend to do it as a stand-alone. My database itself is over 28,000 lines and I haven't even looked at how many lines the actual files are. It's probably close to 100,000 or better.

However, it will provide an excellent example and if you know and understand php it might give you some direction to actually just write your own little proggie, (which may be the best route to take)

Just out of curiosity. Your forum PHP script has a poll incorporated. I haven't logged a membership there to see how the poll feature works(because it's not my cup of tea), but wouldn't that do what you are looking for as well?
  • babyjai

Post 3+ Months Ago

no, what im saying is, I want to creat eon e on the main page, away from my forum. But its all good, let me see what I can do
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is what he is talking about, you'de have to cut out all the phpbb stuff for it to run independently.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts