how do i disable right click and poll question

• pinchi
  • pinchi
  • Loc: brazil

Post 3+ Months Ago

i want to know how do i disable right click so nobody can steal the picture ???
can anyone help me?
and how do i create a poll to my site?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off, use google.

Secondly, there is no use in stopping right clicks, there is always a way around it.

Third, use google for this one too.
  • pinchi
  • pinchi

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahhh thanks
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anytime. Just so you know the easiest ways of getting around the right click gimick is to view source and grab the direct url to the image, select the image and drag it into a word document. Select the image and hit ctrl+c, select the image and goto edit>copy. Right Click enter over and over until you get past the loop back time of the script.
  • pinchi
  • pinchi

Post 3+ Months Ago

well what i want to know is what i need to do so when someone right click the image a box appear saying no one can copy the pic
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

and what I am saying is that it is just a waste of your time, I just listed 5+ ways to get around it. Plus I am sure there is an abundance of pages indexed by google explaining how to do this.
  • pinchi
  • pinchi

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, thanks again b_heyer
  • CGFX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Chicago, IL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, I know I am not being much help right now, but you are correct. Not only can you protect your images, but you can also protect your codes, from right clickers. And when they go to view source, a blank page will appear. I don't have that code today (11/28/03), but check back with me on 11/30/03 Saturday, and I'll give you the right click code. Now from what I have experienced, it only works on MSN & Explorer. Netscape users will still be able to right chick. As for the blank page for view source, give me a while on that one, but I'll get it to you...

*dapz*
CGFX
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

CGFX - this issue is old. Just about any of us more experienced members around here can get around it and this issue has been discussed multiple times. It's totally pointless. I would, as b_heyer suggested not waste your time on it. As you noted in your own post for your proposed code, Netscape is the workaround.
  • seth1
  • Born
  • Born
  • seth1

Post 3+ Months Ago

You missed one why.... You can allso go to Tools+Internet options+Settings+view files and it all rdy dirrectly on your computer.
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

this one is no copy and past

ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

images

<script language="JavaScript">
// distributed by http://hypergurl.com
<!--
var popup="Sorry, right-click is disabled.\n\nThis Site Copyright ©2000";
function noway(go) {
if (document.all) {
if (event.button == 2) {
alert(popup);
return false;
}
}
if (document.layers) {
if (go.which == 3) {
alert(popup);
return false;
}
}
}
if (document.layers) {
document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
}
document.onmousedown=noway;
// --> </script>

and no right click for source

<script language="JavaScript1.1">
// distributed by http://www,hypergurl.com
<!-- var debug = true;
function right(e)
{
if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape' && (e.which == 3 || e.which == 2)) return false;
else if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' && (event.button == 2 || event.button == 3)) {
alert('This Page is fully protected!');
return false;
}

return true;
}
document.onmousedown=right;
if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
window.onmousedown=right;
//--></script>

:D see how nice i am. hey its the giving season
  • thrall
  • Born
  • Born
  • thrall

Post 3+ Months Ago

After an extensive search in google I didn't find a way to disable right click WITHOUT an alert message. Can anybody help? Thanks a lot.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I seriously doubt it. Primarily because there's always ways to work around it. You'll find at least 2 other topics on the subject at OZZU if you search for them and in those cases the topics ended up being locked because the point is moot and the conversations were just going nowhere. You simply can't do what you want successfully. Someone that knows how, will get around it if they want to bad enough.

Truthfully you're wasting your time even thinking about it.
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I really wanted your image, I'd either turn off .js then right-click the image, rendering any script you chose to use redundant, or use a graphics app to do a screen capture of the needed image.
Or....I'd simply go into my cache folder :wink:

Simple as that, eh...

C.C.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

b_heyer wrote:
Anytime. Just so you know the easiest ways of getting around the right click gimick is to view source and grab the direct url to the image, select the image and drag it into a word document. Select the image and hit ctrl+c, select the image and goto edit>copy. Right Click enter over and over until you get past the loop back time of the script.

Naah, that takes way too long...

easiest way is just load up a regular windows explorer window, navigate to a local folder, and click n' drag the images straight from IE to the directory you wanna put it in :)
  • CGFX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Chicago, IL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest, I maybe new to Ozzu, but I am not new to this field. Look, and this goes for all of the "any of us more experienced members around here can get around it ". No you cannot, (IF) a designer/developer was interested in having their own or their clients site or page submited. Submit being the key word, if the site or page does not have to be crawled. Then there programs and softwares now that block all the tricks listed below, and just some simple "Cut & Paste" code either. This means "Print Key" as well can be blocked. Not trying to start a great battle on this issue, But like there will be new ways around something, there will be newer ways to block all the tricks. No matter what our skill levels maybe.

Peace!
cgfX

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts