How does the shopping cart work?

• world4health
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Miami

Post 3+ Months Ago

When someone uses your shopping cart to purchase a product, 1: How does the owner of the site collect for that purchase?
2: Does he get the credit card information from the user when he enters his card number in your shopping cart? :?:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

It all depends on how you do it. If you are using software on your server which access a processor some place else, then yes depending on your program you could record all the credit card info of the customer, like for rebilling purposes and such. However it really just depends on how your program is written.

Second if you are using a third party processor like Ibill or CCbill or the many others to process your payments with your shopping cart, then you may never have to deal with the credit card info, and the 3rd party you are dealing with takes care of all the billing and payments that they owe you after they take their share (usually around 15%)
  • world4health
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm gonna need there credit card info.....because the products will be purchased through another company who will do the shipping of these product to my customers.........ques: Will a simple shopping cart do? and how will i retrieve their card number to process their transaction to be sent off to the other company....... :?:
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well for example if you have your own merchant account like I do, then the way it works is you either use software you have found or created which figures out the total to be billed to the customer (depending on how much they have purchased) and then your software will work with the software of your bank which allows you to work with a live processor. For example what happens when someone purchases a product from me, is after the customer hits the purchase button my software actually creates a secure channel to my processor (which isn't run by me, its run by the bank) for which I then pass the info needed to complete the transaction. If it succeeds then the banks processor will pass a signal back to me for which my software can interpret to decide what message is displayed to the user (such as success or failure).

As far as specifics on how to do this, it really depends on your bank, or third part processor you use, and what guidelines they have given you to work with. In many cases, like my case, you will need some sort of custom software in order to complete what you are trying to do. However there is probably pre-built software made to work with certain companies, processors, and merchant connections already out there. Anyway I recommend speaking directly to your bank, or third party processor company to figure out exactly what you need to do.
  • world4health
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried using paypal (business account), but they don't wire transfer money to acounts here in JAMAICA :( . So it leaves me with a problem :cry: . How will I be able to transac business if I can't get a wire transfer to my US account here :x .

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts