How do I learn to make a secure database

• jeepsgirl
  • Born
  • Born
  • jeepsgirl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All,

How do I learn to make a secure database. I have a secure site (certificate not yet acquired).

I need to make a web form so that clients can send sensitive data, and the results are stored in a secure database.

ATLEAST, this is the information the some people have suggested is the most secure method.

The problem is, I do not know how to go about that, nor do I know what questions to ask google to help me find it.

Can anymore recommend an inexpensive program that can do this, or perhaps a company who would do it (and show me) for a minimal fee?

I am really lost.

Thanks
Jeepsgirl
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried searching in google?
  • jeepsgirl
  • Born
  • Born
  • jeepsgirl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I have tried all the search engines I know how, and even trying to be specific " " Word for word brings me little results.

That is what made me think of coming here, where their are people with more knowledge on this subject.

The good news is my server is functioning with mysql, php, cgi, and all the goodies needed, so I am an open source for learning. I just need a teacher.

:)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I sorta have to echo B_heyer on this one. The first Google search I did for "secure database" gave 44,000 results and the "Translucent Database" book at Amazon on the first result looks like it will satisfy your need to understand this.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google Query: secure mysql database
Search Time: 0.17 seconds
Results: 550,000

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts