How to make your buttons glow one click

• Michael Wright
  • Michael Wright
  • Loc: Townsville

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good evening all could someone please explan to me how do i make these button glow when you click on them, i'm using this tutorial for my forum background and how do i get that finish look.

you can look here Image

Sorry if i'm ask for to much help
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

So you want the buttons to look depressed (agh - pressed down I mean) when you click on them, for that brief millisecond before the page reloads?

Or you want on each page for the button to look depressed? Like click on the info button, get to the info page and then on that page, the button stays down? Like to indicate what page you are on?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Basically, to make them glow, you create a duplicate image of the original graphic, then modify the brightness/color/contrast, etc....then use a basic mouseover javascript to swap images onMouseover.

If your links are just text you can do it with CSS, but it only works on IE.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
then use a basic mouseover javascript to swap images onMouseover.

I'd argue with that and say to do it with normal <a> tags, use fraher (however the hell it's spelled :? ) image replacement and a CSS :hover :D , but thats just me.

But anyhoo, I got the impression that the question was slightly different from the standard image rollover, hence the confusion in my previous post. don't know though.
  • DissinMC
  • Born
  • Born
  • DissinMC

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow, you guys are smart!
  • Michael Wright
  • Michael Wright
  • Loc: Townsville

Post 3+ Months Ago

I Have to agree DissinMC they are well into proramming, with CSS witch i've never used before how do i set that image so it dont look to big on the webpage. I'm using Dreamweaver Photosop 7 for my images and AceFTP for uploads. can some explan to me how to set it right
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

In photoshop, create the static version of your buttons, ONE button per layer. Then, for each button layer, create another one with the active versions (glowing, pressed, imploding... dripping... whatever).

Then, use the slice tool (in Photoshop 6 or later... you have to jump to ImageReady in 5.5) to cut out all the different graphical elements. I'm anal, and go through each slice and name them... but you don't actually have to do that.

In ImageReady, you can create you mouseovers very easily. Save for the web, and you're golden... you'll have the JavaScript and the images, all neatly packaged for you in a flat HTML file.

Now. I neither warrent the "goodness" of ImageReady code, nor guarentee the efficieny of it, but if you want simple, that's the way to go (assuming you have Photoshop 5.5 or later... I use CS personally, so I gots the tools...)

Anyway, I don't do it this way myself... I always write my own code, since I'm a geek and like to invent my own damn wheels.... But that's just me =]

.c

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts