How many of you are Real Estate webmasters?

• itrends
  • itrends
  • Loc: FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

How many of you are real estate webmasters and how has this industry's decline affected you? I am finding that webmasters (specializing in real estate) across the globe are being affected by the incredible drop in the real estate market (at least here in the states anyway). Even though it's dropped we are getting more 'marketing' work than ever and our design and development deptartments are surfing the net most of the time. This goes back and forth with us a lot, but I'm wondering what other webmasters are experiencing.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• virtualgeorge
  • virtualgeorge

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have had some of long time customers suddenly have problems paying bills. They have all kinds of crazy excuses now when they used to always pay immediately.

I continue to expand and take on more clients though as everyone has to spend more money now on advertising to stay competitive after a few years of easy sales.

So even though their sales are down, mine are up.
  • itrends
  • itrends

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes exactly our experience. Now they're all scrambling to get more marketing, which in turn is also helping the design department 'some'. For marketing many of them need web sites as well, but the ones that already have web sites don't want new ones or any work dont to them because of the slow business.
  • carrot07
  • carrot07
  • Loc: Florida, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We work with many real estate sites as well. I think the whole state of Florida is for sale right now. Many of our real estate clients are wanting special features for foreclosures.

I think things are tight for some companies and they are looking to justify the services they receive.

But actually this is a great time to buy if you qualify for a loan as there are many foreclosures at discounted prices and new built homes are offering incentives. It's just people are being cautious with the economy right now and the lending industry has started enforcing seeing proof and not taking stated income which has slowed down the loan approval rate. For the person who qualifies and the investor it's a buyers market for sure.
  • itrends
  • itrends

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I'm hoping that things change with the elections so we can go back to normal (somewhat). We used to service 100s of real estate agents everymonth in one way or another, but many aer scared to invest anything right now (other than marketing).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts