How much would you charge for this?

• Funk Doc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Funk Doc
  • Loc: London, England.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
1) The first page of a site is the most important from a search engine point of view. Increase the text on 'index.htm' to about 200 words. These terms can also be used in hyperlinks. "UK" should also be used three times. It is important to incorporate these keywords into the site for search engines to rank it accordingly.

2) The title tag (surrounded by <TITLE> </TITLE> tags) The titles of your pages about specific products or services should be in the same format, but reflect their content. No title should be longer than 10 words.

3) Add a meta keywords tag to each page. Ideally each page would have a different keywords tag but as their importance has diminished considerably it is not worth going to this much trouble. Each word or phrase should be separated by a comma then a space and all letters should be lower case. This tag should be no longer than 25 words and no word should be used more than three times, otherwise the effectiveness of your keywords may be diluted.

4) Add a meta description tag to each page. Ideally each page would have a different description tag but as its importance has diminished considerably it is not worth going to this much trouble. This tag should be no longer than 25 words.

5) Add appropriate ALT tags to all major images. An ALT tag encloses text that will be displayed when people have images turned off in their browser. It also appears when you move your mouse over the image. Most search engines cannot see images but some do read ALT text.

6) Add "UK" to your business address, as this term is commonly searched for.

7) There is a lot of JavaScript on the site, which will cause search engines to perceive relevant text as being much further down the page, and therefore less important than it actually is. We recommend putting the JavaScript in external files.

8) One of your pages, ‘message.htm’ requires users to download a Real Player 10 plug-in. Search engine directories may penalise your site over accessibility issues. We recommend, if possible, discontinuing this function.

Hi this is from a report back on search engine optimization. I've been offered the chance to do the work. This will be my first paid job. I've done most of it already to see if I could do it and how long it would take. I reckon I could get the work finished in say 4 hours a night for 3 maybe 4 nights. What would be a fair price to charge?

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, that depends entirely on the number of pages. If it were for, say 10 pages, I'd charge $100.... 2 x $50/hr. It might take you longer because you've never done it, but you probably wouldn't charge $50/hour then either. You might want to charge $10/hour...or roughly $150, or you could compensate for the time it takes you over someone else's time, and charge $6/hr...about $90.

Really, it depends on how hard you feel you will have to work, and the length of time it will take you.
  • Funk Doc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Funk Doc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your response.

There are 24 pages.

I'm in England. I was thinking of charging about £250.
  • Funk Doc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Funk Doc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also I'm dealing with these people by email.

How should I suggest a price?
Should I ask them outright if they've already had a quote?
Or should I just say a price and see what happens?

Thanks
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I were you, I would say the price and see if they agree.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts