How much would you pay for this template?

• spund
  • spund

Post 3+ Months Ago

this template i am selling many but i need to know what would be a resonable price someone would pay

some i have Only have the adobe photoshop image that someone can edit in photoshop, but other i do have the HTML page and psd to edit
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• pacsunpunk08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pacsunpunk08
  • Loc: Kenosha, WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice layout, If i was a good businness, I would pay 50-100....1 question how did u make the tabs that say login, ect........Whats the HTML code
  • spund
  • spund

Post 3+ Months Ago

the whole thing is done in photoshop, the whole thing
  • spund
  • spund

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.aimjunk.com/templates/1/template1.html

theres another one, i am making a website soon Netfirm.org selling Templates and premium domain names
  • pacsunpunk08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pacsunpunk08

Post 3+ Months Ago

ooooooooooo
  • pacsunpunk08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pacsunpunk08

Post 3+ Months Ago

So really the whole site is image mapping :?
  • spund
  • spund

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i guess, the design is in photoshop and then just use hot spots then use php, iframes work best for thos layouts
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

an iframe template isn't gonna be very popular with businesses.. If they're going to spend money on a template, they're gonna spend it on one that search engines like - at least, the smart ones are :)
  • Inito
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

spund wrote:
http://www.aimjunk.com/templates/1/template1.html

theres another one, i am making a website soon Netfirm.org selling Templates and premium domain names

those are very nice.
Where do you get those photos of people, and stuff?

Someone I know told me that you can buy packages with those kinda stuff, but did you do that?
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uhm. That's not wise, AT ALL. I would not use a whole image and then just put stuff and image maps. I use 56k dialup, not everyone has broadband. Do you know how fast I would nav away from that page if I saw it??

Iframes are never, ever to be used for any purpose other than tagboards and such. Especially not on a business site. They're IE-only as far as I know, and like Axe said, they're hell for search engines.

You need to work on making a lot of what you have in that PS image HTML-based. That template is way too image-based for any business.
  • spund
  • spund

Post 3+ Months Ago

i will just use PHP probally... is anyone gonna say how much they might pay
  • Inito
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

$80
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it was just a PSD, I'd say about 40-50 bucks would be a fair price, cuz I'd still have to chop it up, and work on replacing sections of the image with regular text so that search engines could actually see the content, like on the "Latest news" blocks on the left, the "Components" links, and "Our Best Saler" (is that anything like a best seller? :)).

So, it still leaves a fair amount of work after somebody buys your image, but yeah, 40 bucks would be about my limit on that one - but only due to the work I'd have to do afterwards.

If it included the chopped up HTML template, with areas converted to text, and made a bit more search-engine-happy, maybe 75 bucks.
  • jamesus
  • jamesus

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://spatch.org/sites/premium/
$10 each
PSD and HTML
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has a nice layout, but with it all being an image, search engines would hate it. And if search engines hate, it doesnt matter how appealing it is if no one sees it.
  • stinger
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • stinger
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

WORD OF ADVICE.. . . . don't post full size images of something you are trying to sell. You should crop them down so that we can see them, but still need the ACTUAL file if we wanted to use them. *WARNING* the images you are posting, I can download, or screenshot, and then put in photoshop.
oh yeah. . .
nice designs. If they were setup for dynamic sites, included reference files such as asp, php, etc. . I think you could sell the site map for around 500. But as an image file, I would only pay 50-100.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You'd actually pay that much... Now I know why you chose that username, you like getting stung ;)

hehe ;)
  • stinger
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • stinger
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I would pay that much. I consider a good gui a piece of art. and I think that to pay 50 or 100 dollars is a fair price for something that a person may have spent hours doing. Personaly, I just appreciate the artistic ability of creating a good scheme.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not for something that's going to be sold over and over again. If it was a one-off piece, that only you had, yes, you'd pay more.

If it was something commercial, to be sold to potentially thousands of people, no. Why would you pay top dollar to have a site that lookedl like a thousand others?
  • spund
  • spund

Post 3+ Months Ago

stinger wrote:
WORD OF ADVICE.. . . . don't post full size images of something you are trying to sell. You should crop them down so that we can see them, but still need the ACTUAL file if we wanted to use them. *WARNING* the images you are posting, I can download, or screenshot, and then put in photoshop.
oh yeah. . .
nice designs. If they were setup for dynamic sites, included reference files such as asp, php, etc. . I think you could sell the site map for around 500. But as an image file, I would only pay 50-100.

hmm thats a good point im glad you pointed out, but they cant take a screen shot then make it a psd.. ? to edit all the images correctly, but you think maybe i just put COPY or somthing on the full size images

i put them up at http://www.netfirm.org
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, a watermark could work good.

No, they can't take a screenshot and duplicate your PSD, but they can take a screenshot, edit out the text, steal the important bits and make their own duplicate. They've basically got your template for free.

Just make something that's got like a 20% opacity, so it's almost transparent (but obviously there), and just tile it over the whole image. Like, "netfirm.org" at a 45 degree angle, tiled horizontally & vertically.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm... ya know, that lil photo of the 4 people I've seen in at least 2 or 3 other sites now...

Who actually owns copyright on that photo?
  • wwesn
  • Born
  • Born
  • wwesn

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can buy those templates for a couple bucks on ebay. Heck, even I sell the for a couple bucks at http://templates.scripts4you.com
  • wwesn
  • Born
  • Born
  • wwesn

Post 3+ Months Ago

spund wrote:
i will just use PHP probally... is anyone gonna say how much they might pay

99 cents

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=47105 :)
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

wwesn : are those your templates that you've created? Or did you just get the CD on eBay and you're reselling them?

Nice logo on your site btw :)
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally, I make everything from scratch. I don't much care for the idea of templates when it comes to "developers" using them. Now if it's somebody setting up their own site, that's one thing. But, just reselling templated sites just seems kind of....I don't know...yuk. I know I probably sound pretentious, but I've spent years learning what I know of my craft and it just kind of irks me that there are people reselling templated sites and calling themselves designers, developers and such.

</ rant>

so my answer is $0.00
  • espenh
  • Born
  • Born
  • espenh

Post 3+ Months Ago

spund wrote:
i put them up at http://www.netfirm.org

I like how every single design you offer is blatantly stolen. Hell, even your main page is just a modified version of this: http://www.templatesresource.com/templa ... uctid=2011

Going through the designs you offer, I doubt you created any of them. They all seem to come from http://www.templatesresource.com and I don't think the artists who created those sites would appreciate seeing you selling their work on your site..

(disclaimer: If you work for, or somehow have permission from templateresource, I retract my comment)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts