How to..?

• Tony0930
  • Tony0930
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am studying programming and web design in a local university. I wonder if anyone can help me with my homework. I must build an eCommerce site, upload it and get some traffic in around a month. Any ideas on what I should include to increase the traffic? Where can I find someone to collaborate with me and maybe we can build the web’s next big hit. Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

well to tell you the truth, if I knew the web's next big hit, I wouldn't be tell you what it is now would I ... ?

Anyway ... that is a tough assignment I think ... because within one month it could be possible to not even get indexed by major search engines, nevermind being in the top pages ... This is a project I think you're going to have to do a bit more manually ... like go into your Uni's computer room and go into your site on each of those computers that way you'll have some "unique" visitors that day ... and then tell people you know about it and share the link with them ...
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This sounds like a rather odd assignment for a computer programming course. :hmm:
  • dapezboy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Hawaii

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, if I were you I would submit yourself (to get indexed with in a few days).
You can do that here: http://www.google.com/addurl/
Speeds up the process a bit.

Hope this helps!
(Don't forget those meta tags for when Google does index you)!

Good luck!
  • martinsejas123
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

While adding your url manually via google.com will help in indexing your site, it is not necessary because Google sends a crawler called Googlebot to index new and existing sites.

The best way to get a good amount of traffic to your site within a month is using paid advertisement. The best choice for this would be Google AdWords, but only bet on less popular keywords otherwise it could cost you a fortune. And it's only for an assignment. You should also create an eCommerce focused in one industry eg books or weight loss products etc to get a targeted audience and reduce your cost of using AdWords.

Those are just some ideas to assist you. Good luck with the assignment.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

dapezboy wrote:
Well, if I were you I would submit yourself (to get indexed with in a few days).
You can do that here: http://www.google.com/addurl/
Speeds up the process a bit.

Hope this helps!
(Don't forget those meta tags for when Google does index you)!

Good luck!

Search engines don't use metatags anymore.

@martinsejas123: If doing that manually makes it faster why not speed things up? :scratchhead: Isn't speed is what desired in this case?

Post it at forums. Like here on SITE REVIEW forum. I'm sure people would visit to give you a review and give you some unique visits.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts