how to test PHP offline

• shelly
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • shelly
  • Loc: Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI.... does anyone know how to test php offline?
  • the_real_tisse
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_real_tisse
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there

If you want to use php on your machine, you'll need to install several things, and configure them (including apache server for one)

Take a look over here: http://php.belnet.be/manual/nl/faq.installation.php

kind regards
Tisse
  • Bender
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bin that man, we not needed and far to hard

Download the latest version of phpdev5 from http://www.firepages.com.au and you can run php and mysql stuff on your local host just like a server.

Allot easier and pretty cool. Just put your .php files in the www folder and run them from http://localhost
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/

Or, to install things manually, http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/how- ... e-php.html
  • the_real_tisse
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_real_tisse
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bender wrote:
Bin that man, we not needed and far to hard

Well, sorrrrrryyyy

Just trying to help out man
  • Bender
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry the_real_tisse, all I meant was I spent one day to many trying to install apache, mysql AND php.

After head butting my screen till I almost needed a new one I downloaded phpdev5 and done it all in 5min!

I’m not sure what I was more annoyed about in the end, the waist of a day in the pub or doing it so easily via phpdev5.

Just trying to help the fella the best way I know how as well.
  • barry
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

type this into google
typo3

get that and yout laughing
it sets up php and mysql localy all by its self and it runs smoooooth

its great basically

:D
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG I just got the phpDev5 that totally rawks! Thanks for the info. I had never even thought about installing webservices locally. Ok I thought about it but never had a machine that I thought could run web services. Anyway I was waiting for a friend of mine to get my account set up on his box. I can log in and move through the file system on his box, but I cant FTP or access anything via the web. I was trying not to bug the heck outta him to get it all set up and working and then I ran across this topic. I installed phpDev5 and boom im up and running. Theres some things Im gonna have to work through but I have never really done admin much except from within postgreSQL so now I get to dig in and get my hands dirty. Thanks so much. I have gobs and gobs of php dev that has been in the wings for quite some time now.

Goodbye sleep, hello double espresso shooters!!!!!
  • bjh23
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bjh23

Post 3+ Months Ago

That phpdev5 tool is a very cool and useful utillity. Thanks!
  • katzman.steven
  • katzman.steven

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can also download XAMPP, just google it. It does the same as PHPDev5, but with more options :)

I also use ZDE (Zend Development Envirnment), which is very nice, but I also like to code myself, not using any premade code.

-Steven Katzman
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

katzman.steven wrote:
I also use ZDE (Zend Development Envirnment), which is very nice, but I also like to code myself, not using any premade code.
-Steven Katzman

Yeah I looked into Zend. And I dont like to use any premade code (unless of course its MY pre made code) but I digress. I occasionally work for a company that has built its own CMS. At one point I was lead developer, but I dont think that still holds true. However I think with my experience with this company I can write a pretty decent 'light' version of what they were offering only with out all the 'robustness' needed for developers and go after mom and pop shops. I have twiddled with the phpWebSite that comes bundled with phpDev and have played a little with the forum that also comes bundled. This is more for a reference than something I wanna tweak. and yes I know that there are alot of CMS options out there, but none of them come with me :P

I may not be the best coder, or have the most expereince in $x field but I do have 20 + yrs of computer/telecomunications and Im only 33 (I had a 300 baud modem on my C=64 in 83/84). So I figure that if my CMS isnt a re-invention of the wheel so to speak, at least it comes with a healty warranty.
  • Bill_Thompson
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

barry wrote:
type this into google
typo3

get that and yout laughing
it sets up php and mysql localy all by its self and it runs smoooooth

its great basically

:D

I would like some help setting up TYPO3
http://www.ozzu.com/website-design-forum/typo3-setup-question-t40323.html
  • BIOSTALL
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm a big fan of EasyPHP, its so easy to use. It comes with Apache server, PHP and MySQL server. Dont know if anyone else here has used it or not?!?

BIOSTALL
  • javascriptman221
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Download XAMPP. It sets everything up for you. All you have to do is configure your router to allow specific ports, if you have a router...

I don't even think you have use..you know what...forget the router part.

Search Google for "XAMPP".

It's what I use. ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts