How Do you Let Members Of your Website Make guilds like on..

• Codial_Pets
  • Codial_Pets
  • Loc: Some Where

Post 3+ Months Ago

Neopets? What's the script or coding for that?
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

:scratchhead:
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's something you'll have to figure out yourself, or pay a professional coder to write - or try asking people who actually have something like that on their sites.

Often, things like that are what makes a site unique and stand out more from the crowd. So, it's usually not something publically available - and almost certainly something people wouldn't code for free if it's just for you to put on your website.

If these things were that easy, ever site would have everything, and all scripts would be free :)
  • Arturo
  • Born
  • Born
  • Arturo

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys if anyone here knows where to make a syte like neopets please tell me where. :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

An almost similar topic was started yesterday. I'm merging this post with that one. You both should be able to get quicker/better help that way.
  • silentdreamer
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Trapped in the mist of dark desires...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Codial_Pets wrote:
Neopets? What's the script or coding for that?
for starters, dont use geocities (cus I dont think geocities can handle it), second, you may consider getting a server, since sites like that require ALOT of bandwidth and space, third, you must prepare yourself to make thousands of pages. Since neopets have pages for every function of the site. I dont know what they use to code the site (although I know they use ALOT of Flash animation 8) ), anyways, good luck building your neo-neopets! :wink:

edit: you know what? I think you want to use PHPBB where the guilds can be user groups. and theres a MOD for phpBB where the members can have battles with eachother, just a thought :wink:
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Neopets uses PHP (look at the extensions, .phtml means php)

As the others said, no-ones ever going to give away the scripts to make something like that. It would take literally hundreds of hours and tens of thousands of dollars.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

But don't let that deter you from your goal. There are tons of free scripts out there that a simple google search will find. You could probably integrate all kinds of scripts you can find and make a really nice website. It is a good start to learning how everything works and is integrated together
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah you might also want to look at http://hotscripts.com/
  • silentdreamer
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Trapped in the mist of dark desires...

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really think PHPBB is the way to go. You can use the shop mod and the battle mod and you can setup the registration form so that the members can choose their pet (if thats what you want), but i think phpBB is the best way (if you are looking for free scripts)
  • Codial_Pets
  • Codial_Pets

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone know any :shock: REALLY :shock: good sites for phpbb? Anyways... I'm not doing my site on geocities anymore ^_^ A lot BETTER one btw :Þ
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Codial_Pets wrote:
Does anyone know any REALLY good sites for phpbb?
you're on one :thumbsup:
  • Codial_Pets
  • Codial_Pets

Post 3+ Months Ago

....this is horrible :( I found a site for letting users have points, but it's not working... do you know where I'm suppose to place stuff like this? http://www.avidgamers.com/virtual__life/test.html aslo you might have to join the site in order to see it, sorry :( ughh... All I want to know is wheere to put all that weird phpbb stuff.... :(
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

why are you starting multiple threads? I'm locking this one. :roll:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts