html, php asp or anything ...help

• pinchi
  • pinchi
  • Loc: brazil

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi, i am totally " tapada"...means dumb....to internet...well i want to learn, i got lots of books and they are really useful but i still fell insecure about my abilitys so i want to know if u guys could help me.
i am trying to do a website and want to make the bottons highlight....hum well, when someone put the mouse on it i want the botton to grown or change color, something like that....can someone help me?!
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is an easy way to make a link change colours when the mouse is waved over it:

Code: [ Select ]
<style type="text/css">
<!--
a:link    { text-decoration: none; color: #000000 }
a:visited  { text-decoration: none; color: #000000 }
a:hover   { text-decoration: none; color: #0000FF }
--></style>
  1. <style type="text/css">
  2. <!--
  3. a:link    { text-decoration: none; color: #000000 }
  4. a:visited  { text-decoration: none; color: #000000 }
  5. a:hover   { text-decoration: none; color: #0000FF }
  6. --></style>

the text decoration can be changed to underline, bold etc and the colour values can also be changed to suit. You cut and paste this in the <HEAD> section of your HTML

Hope that helps,
Rose :D
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I prefer using the css method that musik mentioned, but a lot of people also use javascript image rollovers when the link in question is an image of a button.

JS rollovers replace the image of one button with the image of another (with different background and/or font colors) to give the appearance of "highlighting" the button. Here are some links to more information on rollovers.

Basic JavaScript Rollovers
http://www.joemaller.com/js-singleroll.shtml

Universal JavaScript Rollovers
http://www.webreference.com/js/column1/

Free JavaScript Rollover Buttons Generator
http://www.wilsoninfo.com/rollgen1.html

You can find many more articles and script generators by searching Google for javascript image rollover or image rollover generator. The generators allow you to enter the information about your button images into a form and then generate the script for you, but it would be a good idea to read a little bit about how the scripts work in case you want to modify then later.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bienvenidos a la OZZU, pinchi. ¿Como estas, usted? Solo se unas quantos palabros en Espniól, e entiendo moi poco. And don't expect too much more in Spanish. Other than that about the best I can come up with is ¿Donde esta el banyo?

Besides, I assume that since you're from Brazil, you're probably more comfortable with Portuguese than Spanish or English, and I'd definitely have to get a translater for that.

musik probably gave you the simplest method for text links and Rich B gave you some excellent examples for image rollovers. My suggestion is that you will need to brush up on your English spelling or have a dictionary handy, because even though your website may be in your native language, the code you write will be in English, and it needs to be pretty close to perfect to get things to display properly. If you don't have one already, you may want to find an HTML editor like HTML-Kit or something that has the option to spell check the code as well as the content.
  • pinchi
  • pinchi
  • Loc: brazil

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank u all for reply my thread, u help me alot.
well i am finishing my english course next year...but...i need to practise more. my parents speak english so they will help me. but programming language is soooo much dificult. anyway, thanks again. :oops:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts